To the angel of the church in Ephesus

by kassad84 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kassad84
    kassad84

The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this:

‘I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; and you have perseverance and have endured for My name’s sake, and have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have left your first love.'

• prologos
    prologos

wt has left us and is leaving more and more, no angels they.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Ok

‘I know your tribulation and poverty—but you are rich+—and the blasphemy by those who call themselves Jews and really are not, but they are a synagogue of Satan.+

WTBT claimed they are 144,000 class! must be the synagogue of Satan!

• snowbird
    snowbird

The WT needs to buy eye salve from the Lord so that they can better see how far they have strayed from Him.

Only 2 of the 7 congregations (Smyrna and Philadelphia) received a passing grade. Not good, not good at all.

Sylvia

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

But surely Sylvia, they passed Jesus' inspection in 1919 ?

Oh dear, I just wet myself laughing at that .

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL at Phizzy.

Were it not that so many have been adversely affected by WT, it would be totally laughable for real.

Sylvia

• kaik
    kaik

How many of 1919 are still alive today?

• cha ching
    cha ching

"You have left your first love"......

that says it all....

if they had any love in the beginning to begin with....

• Island Man
    Island Man

"You have left your first love"......

that says it all....

ifthey had any love in the beginning to beginwith....

Of course they had first love - love of setting end time dates. They have truly left that first love . . . at least for now.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I spent much of last night reading a book by David Pack, of the Restored Church of God. In the book, Pack, succssor to Herbert W. Armstrong, of the Worldwide Church of God, writes that Armstrong was the "church of Philadelphia" and that everything he, Armstrong, went through was foretold by John. Its theology is just as steeped as the WTBTS, and its members are just as determined that they are the fulfillments of God's choice people. To them, however, the issue isn't the divine name, but the Sabbath. Peck and Armstrong quote the scriptures stating that the sabbaths of God are a sign between Him and His People, and that anciently they refused to abide in those sabbaths. So everything they see in the book of Revelation is tied in to Seventh Day worship. In other words, they see themselves in every fulfillment, going so far as to say that Herbert W. Armstrong was the Elijah who was to return as stated by the prophet Malachi, and that the youth outreaches he performed was what turned the hearts of the children to that of their fathers.

In the same sense, the Jehovah's Witnesses and the GB see themselves as fulfillments of scripture, and in both cases, of course, neither has had it confirmed of God through angels or visions, and so forth. And though Pack argues that the name of the true church has always been the "Church of God" (confirmed by twelve references in the New Testament), the JWs always have the scripture, "Ye are my witnesses, saith Yahweh."

Pack's church, if one compares the two claims, stands on much firmer ground, but both are grounded in assumption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit