Went to visit my parents!

by Kool Jo 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Hello All:

This is a follow-up to a thread I started some time ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/268076/1/Just-got-off-the-phone-with-my-dad#.Uy67CIXNn84

So I finally had the chance to fly to visit my parents..my mom is still 100% JW indoctrinated, my dad is an elder, but is more reasonable than my dad…so we spoke at lengths about various things, including the congregation happenings ect….it was really good seeing the family again. The congregation is just the same as I left it…aging elder body, no young ones, no growth, but they got a new Khall. So on our way back to the airport, we had a pretty opened conversation, which went something like this:

KJ: It was really good seeing you again dad.

Elder Dad: Yes indeed and we hope you’ll get to visit again before the end of the year.

KJ: I’ll do my best despite the workload and the traveling…so anyways dad, the society is pulling out of downtown NY and are going to make a killing off the sales.

Elder Dad: I’m sure they are!

KJ: I always wonder what they’re gonna be doing with all that money? I mean, in addition to the sales, they have assets, stocks, bonds and other investments.

Elder: Say what?

KJ: Yes dad, the society has stock holdings.

Elder Dad: Something isn’t right!

KJ: What do you mean?

Elder Dad: What are they doing with all that money?

KJ: Well I guess they’re downsizing and saving to have more cash on hand? I mean, perhaps they’re expecting more lawsuits pertaining to child abuse in the future?

Elder Dad: Oh, you mean that that case you told me about? (Conti Case)

KJ: Yes dad, who knows how many more cases of that nature are lingering…remember the case that took place in Florida where the case was settled out of court?

Elder Dad: How could the society make things like this happen?

KJ: The future is gonna be interesting.

Elder Dad: Sometimes they make decisions that make me wonder.

KJ: Things will have to change…I mean, I think as people become more educated and aware, the society will have to adapt. For example, why are blood fractions allowed, but whole blood isn’t?

Elder Dad: (Silence)

Elder Dad: (a few moments later)…Well you know son, regardless of what, Jehovah must be using someone, there’s got to be a right religion.

KJ: Oh sure (sarcastically)

Elder Dad: Now that you’re talking about that, in one of the congregations over in “city XYZ”, the elders new that a brother had homosexual feelings and still performed a marriage to a sister in the hall…the sister was livid…I can’t believe they knew he had homosexual tendencies and never made the sister aware before it was too late….the sister gave the elders there a peice of her mind…how could they have done that?

KJ: That’s really sad.

Elder Dad: We must all stay close to Jehovah in these times.

KJ: I guess so, the drive is so much better now to the airport with the new highway.

Elder Dad: Oh yes…well you have a safe trip and take care.

KJ: You too dad, see you soon.

I know my dad wouldn’t leave the borg, but little by little I’m trying to get my dad to think more….earlier in the week, we spoke about the changes for the DO’s and he was quite surprised at the change.

Peace

Kool Jo

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading that. It's nice to see a son who makes the effort with his parents. Kate xx

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks for sharing Kool Jo. It is good that he can think more for himself. You did a good job of expanding his knowledge or the WTBTS.

Since your father seemed a little surprized by the WTBTS owning stocks, what would your father have said if you told him how to find out which companies the WTBTS owns stock in?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit