When it's your time to go...............

by Night Owl 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

If you believe "when it's your time to go, it's your time to go" then cause of death does not matter. Plane crash, school shooting, accident, war, or anything else.

If you have this mind set, then any event resulting in a human death is just fulfilling a pre-determined destiny for that human.

You also cannot pick and choose as to which event, or rather, death, is in the "when it's your time to go, it's your time to go" scheme of things or not.

NightOwl

• Viviane
    Viviane

And?

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Utter nonsense.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It is not like anyone has control over death!

• bsmart
    bsmart

So you shouldn't eat a healthy diet or excersise because you will die anyway? You should go into dicey neighborhoods after midnight because if its not your time you wont die?

Explain yourself.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Night Owl : It sounds like you are pointing out how unreasonable it is to believe that "it was his time to go".

I have had people tell me that when someone they knows dies.

They act like it was already determined. So IF that is the case that person didn't have a say or could not have made a difference.

I personally don't believe that we have a set time to go.

But I do understand your point that people that have that view point render themselves helpless because that means they don't think they can change the out come.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If I was athiest or ever become it, I would look into cryogenic freezing. Wouldn't it stink if very shortly in the future they discover how to stop aging and reverse it, indefinitely, and stop holding back technology advancement, then spaceships and other planets get discovered so humans get the ability to populate other planets and not age? But all who died prior, too bad.

• blondie
    blondie

Not control over everything.

But

I will look both ways before crossing the street

I will wear my seat belt

I will keep my car speed at a safe rate

I won't walk alone in a bad neighborhood

I will eat as healthy as I can, I won't smoke, or use illegal drugs

and so on

I won't be foolish with my life or others

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

EOM Glad to hear you have a plan B worked out. Maybe you should go the cryogenic route in case the god thing doesn't turn out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit