Saw Son Of God today

by KariOtt 9 Replies latest jw friends

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Hubby and myself saw Son Of God today. It was fantastic. Hubby was silent on the way home. I can't help but wonder what he's thinking. I also wonder what the borg thinks of the movie.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I doubt I will like it b/c the Italian communist director's St. Matthew and The Last Temptation of Christ are my faves. I was boycotting The Passion but I ended up watching it on a small screen. I wish they would re-release Cecil B, DeMille's religious films. We sneaked in to watch them. My father did JW commentary which annoyed the paying crowd. I always thought The Robe would be tacky but I enjoyed it.

• designs
    designs

How did it compare to Mel Gibson's movie on Jesus.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Band On The Run......I too also wish they would re-release DeMilles movies

designs....it doesn't come close to The Passion Of Christ. However I would recomend it for all. Its a lot less grafic.

• designs
    designs

Nice, I thought Gibson's violence was over the top and took away from the final act.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

He's not the son of god he's just a very naughty boy

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It was okay. The presentation was of a good looking rockstar Jesus, who incidentally could do magic tricks and raise a guy from the dead. He stood out as a European among middle eastern looking people. The Jews come off looking like total tools, specially Caiaphas. Then there was over half of the movie devoted to a Gibson Lite treatment, less gory but still graphic violence and torture. There was much more that could have been front loaded into this, like the water into wine bit, and other scenes, but the director decided to give the passion part of the story a major treatment. This is okay, in fact I like different aspects like those found in Jesus Christ Superstar and Last Temptation. The movie flows along well from one scene to the next, never plodding. If it was on Netflix I would give it 3 stars, maybe 4.

I had one problem with it. I liked the music a lot and was amazed because I recognized it as Bear McCreary's music. He did Battlestar Galactica and Walking Dead. I looked for him in the credits and was stunned to see he didn't do the music. Well he actually did, but it was credited to someone else who blatantly lifted his music. That's kinda naughty.

One last thing. Parts of it could annoy a JW. Evidently, Judas was a partaker, despite the blatant lie that the Watchtower made up about him not partaking. Oh well, too bad for them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I really dont think I could put myself through so much pain watching either "Son Of God " or " Noahs Ark " any more than I could sit through Quo Vadis, Ben Hur , The Ten Commandments 1,2,or 3. or the Story Of Ruth etc.

I just could not sit their and watch any of these films knowing what I know now.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only religious movie I will watch, and I guess Sparrowdown will join me, is "Life of Brian", pure genius, and more truth in that film than all the others put together !

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Always look on the bright side of life Phizzy.

always look on the bright side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit