Interesting vonage visual voice mail today:

by mynameislame 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

"Hi I'm sorry I didn't find you at home today. My name is *****. I was calling to invite you to a Bible based discourse the subject this Sunday is fear the true God Jehovah. The time will be at nine thirty am and it will be held at the XYZ Kingdom Hall which is located at ..... No collections are ever taken. We certainly hope to see you and your family there this Sunday. Thank you."

I guess i'm finally off the do not visit\call list.....

Last visit was over 12 years ago.

Very surreal! When I first saw it, I was wondering if I was getting some sort of spam because of visting this site.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Do Not Call lists wouldn't be a solution to this; it's probably a stay-at-home pioneer using a personal number, with others in the area doing the same thing.

My best guess is that complaining to the Public Utilities Commission (per state, if you are USA) and letting them work up some prohibitions. Individuals don't carry much weight with WT but government agencies do!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think some pioneer did that robocall hookup so they could count that as time, a few years ago my hairdressers pioneer sister in law put together some

Sort of message like that and you know she did it just for counting time purposes!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What?!?!? JW's just leave voice mail???

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, it is all about counting time, not real preaching or actually attempting to get someone to join. Run up to a door and shove a tract in the post box and run off again, leave a voicemail, dump some MagRags in a laundramat, what could be easier ?

In my day .................. I ain't goin' to say about "my day" or I shall turn in to an XJW version of Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen . "Of course, we had it hard..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit