Watchtower Leaders launch propaganda offensive

by Rado Vleugel 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

As the regular visitors of this board know, more and more newspapers are paying attention to the fact that the Society tries to silence child abuse-policy critics. In the article “Watchtower Leaders launch propaganda offensive against sexual child abuse-policy critics” you can see how the Office of Public Information of Jehovah's Witnesses strikes back by telling the public 'how good they are in handling child molestation'.

Rado Vleugel
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

hi Rado..

yeah, and that's all it is, is propa - friggin' - ganda.

Those articles in the Watchtower and Awake are pure bull. They have nothing to do with sexual abuse of JW's BY JW's, and besides which they lie telling the children to report to authorities, which I don't think they even do ANYWAY. (tell, in the mags, JW children to report molestation by other JW to authorities).

Do these people speaking up for Watchtower have any idea what they're getting into? As AlanF pointed out, many people have nothing less than contempt for Watchtower's molestation policies; I would think that would naturally apply to SUPPORTERS of those polices.

Supporting the Watchtower these days is like supporting a rabid dog...YOU WILL GET BITTEN!!!

((( Rado )))

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

The other day I had to pick my mom up to take her someplace and we weren't in the car 2 minutes when she asked me if I still believed the witnesses had the truth. I asked her why she would ask me such a thing (trying to avoid answering) and she said that comments I had made on an earlier occasion about witnesses allowing pedophiles in the congregation worried her. She then proceeded to tell me that "APOSTATES on the internet are spreading lies about the organization." I told her that I didn't know anything about that, which is really the truth.

I don't know of one apostate that is spreading lies. Truth, yes, but, lies...no.

"If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?"

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Rado: Excellent points about how the Society is handling this issue. Over the years, mostly in the last year, they have made some cosmetic improvements.

The example of my son-in-law's JW dad, who was discovered by the authorities independently of the JW Elders, was only publically reproved. The JW Elders in that congregation have two large files I know about on two molesters ... yet they only took mild action, and in both cases, the congregation was never really aware of the events that caused the 'reproof.' The JW parents have never rreally been informed in a way that they could protect their children.

J.R. Brown's comments are based on a fantasy world that does not exist inside the JW religion. The fact that the Society knows of over 23,000 JW molesters in their midst speaks volumes to the significant problem they have.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Ask your mom:

"Is the New York Post an apostate, mom?"

"Is the Associated Press an apostate, mom?

• anewperson
    anewperson

Also ask those who say only apostates attack the WTS's covering up pedophilia:

Is CNN an apostate?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Their answer would be that they are run by santa, I mean satan.

They have an excuse & an alibi for everything and don't care if it is full of holes, only that they have stock answers and conversation stoppers. (in their mind only of course)

But alas, this only makes thinking people think!

• out4good3
    out4good3

Is CNN apostate?

I got a call from a relative telling me to go to CNN's site and check out the story. They were surprised that I already knew all about it when I relayed to them almost word for word what the story was about. First they tried questioning the integrity of Bowen but when I reminded them that although he's being brought before a JC that he was currently a member in good standing. I raised the question that isn't it curious that they've taken the position to go after him at this particular time just for speaking out?

This issue is bound to come up in a later discussion ,in which case i'm going to use the opportunity to tell them that the WT has another problem that they have been and are desperately trying to keep a secret. I'll take that as an opportunity introduce them as a group to the UN fiasco and watch them try to explain their way out of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit