How Do Cults Function, Interesting Article We Know Too Well.

by RottenRiley 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I thought this artice might be a good read for our friends on JWN, do you see any of the tactics used by the Watchtower? Good Day!

Cults, wonderful on the outside but on the inside are very manipulating. Cult leaders are desperate to trick you into joining. They are after your obedience, your time and your money.Cults use sophisticated mind control and recruitment techniques that have been refined over time. Beware of thinking that you are immune from cult involvement, the cults have millions of members around the world who once thought they were immune, and still don’t know they are in a cult! To spot a cult you need to know how they work and you need to understand the techniques they use. Teaching you these things is what this article is all about.This article exposes the secret techniques cults will use to try and trick and control you. Cult leaders will not want you to read this, but read it anyway. Once you understandHow Cults Work you will be better able to spot and avoid cult recruiters, and protect your family and friends.First let’s eliminate some misconceptions about cults.

http://www.cultwatch.com/howcultswork.html

• Island Man
    Island Man

A great read! Thanks for posting.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Great read! Yet,

Actually mind control is there everywhere! We are living in a system where giant corporations control even the Governments and the media everywhere; are we not “straining out a gnat but swallowing a camel”?

• heathen
    heathen

I like the part where they say they are not a cult ... geez who admits it? THey are all cults , the domocrat and repubublican parties are cults

• Badfish
    Badfish

I remember reading this a few years back. I emailed the link to a JW relative of mine (they can't label me as an apostate because I was never baptized), but my relative emailed me back and said that they did not read the article and that I should be careful what I read. I asked them why they did not read it and they replied, "because it looks like an apostate website."

I wonder if there is any way you could ever get a JW to even read this.

• mynameislame
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Watchtower's advice if you are NOT already one of Jehovah's Witnesses:

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God’s Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination." —The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 1968, p. 13

-

Watchtower's rule if you ARE one of Jehovah's Witnesses:

"[Avoid] questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization" -- Watchtower 1983 Jan 15 p.22 Avoid Independent Thinking

"In Jehovah's organisation it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organisation who are assigned to that very thing" Watchtower 1967 Jun 1 p.338

"A mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and the faithful and discreet slave." (Watchtower, August 1, 2001, p. 14).

"'Believe all things,' all the things that the Watchtower brings out" ---Qualified to be Ministers (1955) p.156

• donny
    donny

Cult = A small unpopular religion.

Religion = A large popular cult.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks for posting this!

• Badfish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit