B.O.E. 13/01/14

by LucidChimp 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

"In Minnesota, a man said to his visitors: "I saw you coming, so I went to get this book." He held up a Bible Teach book and said that when he was in prison, he stole the book. When asked if he had read it, he replied that he was going to read it on the weekend while he was fishing. A Bible study was immediatley started..."

Um, he stole it but didn't read it... And they let him out of prison with it?

"Oh - you're a liar are you, fancy a study?"

Hardly a big issue, just seems odd... Are they so used to swallowing lies that they can't even see them any more?

• Mum
    Mum

Is this story from the Yearbook? It's weird. It would seem that he would have had enough time in prison to read it. It's heartening to know that the JW's have a place for criminals to go to for pie in the sky. I wish all JW children could be rescued, however.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

You're an ex-con ??? May I be the first to welcome you to our Kingdom Hall. Come on in....oh....but don't sit by that guy over there. We don't talk to him because he let his little boy with Hemophilia have a blood transfusion.... none of us have anything to do with him or his wife. Oh and that young couple over there, they confessed to sleeping together before they were married so we can't have anything to do with them for at least a year. Shhhh....the talk on "Showing Chrisitan Kindness" is about to start.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

In some parts of the world, the local WT branch receives payment from the government to participate in reform programs inside prison walls. So in those areas, the brothers are well organized and set up regular bible study sessions with the inmate population.

One more way to increase the income of the WTBTS.

ginger

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

The man has been identified. ..his name? Andre....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He is going to have to stop that fishing for fun if he becomes a JW.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

when he was in prison, he stole the book.

Bloody norah....he must have been a desparate criminal to 'arf inch that load of crap.

Who'd he nick it from anyway? Probably done them a favour.

I hate to say it but I've heard this unbelievable spin before. Like the bloke that hid under a bed when some old bird read it to her sprog as a bedtime story then nicked the bible. Lo and be-bleedin'-hold he became a JW! Surprise sur-bleedin'-prise. In one of the versions I heard of the fairytale the bro on the platform said in an obsequious voice how the crim gave the bible back to the joho bird where he 'arf inched it from.

Watchtower(R) spin...nothing more....I call BS on the story!!!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

He is going to have to stop that fishing for fun if he becomes a JW.

Actually, he'll WILL still be able to fish on the weekends...except he'll be "a fisher of men"!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

He stole it in prison? If they're gonna make shit up they could at least make it entertaining...like he shanked a guy in the yard for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit