So George Takei posted a JW pic on his Facebook

by ilikecheese 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

http://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei

It's just a silly door-knocking related picture, but it's generated a bit of arguing about how he shouldn't make fun of them. Plus there are some apologist/"apostate" Facebook wars... the best kind of wars, right?! Anyway, someone should post the video of Anthony Morris talking about "gay pants" on there. George is a huge gay rights guy, obviously, and if enough people saw that, it could generate a bit of attention!

I would post it, but my boyfriend is on Facebook a lot, and I don't want him to see me bad-mouthing them. Trying to win him away from them by not saying lots of awful things... no matter how much I'd like to!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Yikes! I just clicked the link and had to scroll down a little bit to find the photo. I thought it was funny.

THEN one comment was separate from the others. A friend of mine from old cong in the 1970's made a comment~!! I thought this person was fully out but from the comment, I'm not so sure now.

I still think the photo is cute.

-Aude.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I could not find it. I did see a post on his timeline, where he says he is married to a white DUDE.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

Faithful Witness, if you just scroll down on that link up there, there's a picture just a tiny ways down of a bunch of doors. It says "Jehovah's Witness training center."

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My DIL is on his Facebook feed, so I see a lot of his posts, he is very funny, and yes, he is married to a guy, he came out quite a while ago.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Some of the comments to the picture were highly entertaining. This one sounds like a nice fellow:

I once had a JW knock on my door while I was trying to fix my heater. He came in and fixed the heater. Nice fellow and his wife from England. Not sure if he is one of the 144,000 that gets to go to heaven but he gets my vote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit