Form Etiquette question

by 4thgen 3 Replies latest forum tech-support

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Recently there was a post from Simon on inappropriate comments on the site. That lead me to wondering, what is the so-called etiquette for making friendships on the board? Do you have to be invited to PM? Or is it ok to PM someone if you like their comments, etc. I just got a nice PM from a member and enjoyed the interaction. I’m relatively new to the forum.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's OK to PM, but of course if the other party doesn't respond it is not OK to keep sending PMs.

You are usually OK on this forum if you use common sense and show respect to others.

• steve2
    steve2

You could always see if this has ever been published as a Question from Readers in the Watchtower... but seriously, I understand this is left to individuals to do on their own initiative, given that you are not forced to respond to pms if you do not wish to.

• Terry
    Terry

I would say this, a forum with an active Moderator is very fortunate, indeed.

Rules are one thing, but if nobody steps in to enforce them--you may as well plunge into chaos.

Simon has, in the course of the last 9 years I've been on here, tried every variation of moderation. When the least moderation

was allowed it was a blood sport here :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit