Since leaving the Jws

by truthseeker100 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

2015 marks 30 years of being out of the jehovah's witness cult. When I was first kicked out it was scary as hell and lonely being shunned by family and others in a small town. I was a young man then with my whole life ahead of me. I am so glad that I didn't try to get reinstated (the elders made sure that wasn't possible anyway). I now have a beautiful wife and family and am semi retired in my 50's.That would have never happened if I had not left it all behind.

I am being purposely vague here so I don't reveal my identity before my mother dies.   After she dies or Armageddon which ever comes first lol I'll post my whole story.

As far as I can tell I don't know why anyone would stay in the truth with all the information available today if they had a way out. I realize some are trapped in because of family, some are ego maniacs others a just plain deluded. My message is for the young rank and file witnesses, Be respectful of your parents especially if your living under their roof and still respect them even after you leave even if they shun you, they are still your parents. But don't sacrifice your life to the business model of the wtbts. I have seen many posters on here with deep regrets after slaving for this org.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If I havent done so before , welcome truthseeker100 ,that was a post from the heart .

I`m glad when you took your wife to the KH ,she could see the hypocricy , love bombing her and ignoring you , as others often say here , its the cult mentality at work.

take care 

smiddy

• game1914over
    game1914over

I was born into this crazed ball of confusion and finally made my decision to exit November of 2014.  I now feel as if an elephant has been released off my chest.  

As a mid30s aged woman, I should not belong to ANYONE anymore!!!  When I die, no one will be able to experience my death but me.

Life is too short to continue chasing fairytale dreams...

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Welcome TruthSeeker, I appreciate your advice to the young Rank and File. Some of us (im 19) who are awake are not following the business model, however most of them who, at the moment, have no propensity to learn TTATT will not find it for a couple of years. Hope to hear more from you soon

BF98

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit