Held my first "worldly" party last night

by Gypsy Sam 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I used to have a lot of jw gatherings at my home and it's been the one thing I did miss since our fade. Although I had some nonJW contacts in my life, I always held them at arms length and never really invited them to my place. Well, I've opened up to this group over the last year about the issues with pedofiles within JW world, and the internal/external shunning policy. These girls have become the most wonderful group of women in my life. They are unconditional friends who have truly been there for me and know that friendship is supposed to be reciprocal (a sore spot in jw world, as many will take but not give).

Anyway, we had a blast Last night. Made Martini's, watched chick flicks and shared many laughs. If I could ever get photos to post on here I would add them.

To any current JW's reading this, give the nonJW people in your world a fair chance. Find activities you like, join clubs, volunteer...you'll meet great people and see how beautiful life is and that it's meant to be lived now...not some unknown time in the future. Life is so much better when you open your mind and give up black/white thinking.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Thank you for your post. I'm still trying to make the effort to make new friends. I met some great people on holiday actually and I feel more confident after that.

Let us know how your new social life is going.

XX

• KateWild
    KateWild

Nice experience, I went to an exhibition today with a friend, she used to be my student, but now we are close friends. Having a handful of close friends is truly precious indeed.

I am glad you have a nice circle of friends thanks for letting us know a bout your party.

Kate xx

• Comatose
    Comatose

Awesome and congrats!!!

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Think about,

talk about,

dream about,

the things you want in this world.

Find a definite major purpose in your life

and follow it up by ACTION ACTION ACTION.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No one got pregnant or murdered, no satanic rituals?? This sounds like trick to get spiritually weak JWs to leave Jehovah. I've see the prodigal son video, so I KNOW what's up..

DD

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I totally agree. Friends I have now are great.

Of course, it's Satan tricking us into believing the world is a nice place. The trickster.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Thanks everyone, its been wonderful to have free speech with people and have freedom to no longer be judgmental or opinionated while not truly informed.

Quellycatface, it does get better. Like Dory from the movie Finding Nemo, "just keep swimming". It will all work out :)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I look forward to meeting some of you this year And throwing an apostafest!

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

"Although I had some nonJW contacts in my life, I always held them at arms length and never really invited them to my place. Well, I've opened up to this group"

So nice to be real and think for ourselves. Sounds like a great party. What a lovely table you set too (I got to see the pictures).

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

That's awesome... I'm starting to let 'worldly' ppl come closer rather than keeping them at a distance...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit