Tip #1: If your hedge cutter stops working

by Simon 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Tip #1: If your hedge cutter stops working you have most likely cut through the power cable .

Tip #2 is never do gardening after drinking beer.

Tip #3 is never do gardening.

Damn these sunny afternoons - if it had rained at the weekend like it usually does then I would have had an excuse not to go out there in the first place! It brought back horrible memories of my 'brought up on a farm' youth and all the 'close to nature' stuff.

We have put a man on the moon ... surely bonsai grass that never needs cutting is within our reach ...

• Celia
    Celia

Oooh... Simon...
    You don't like nature ?
    I spent most of this lovely, warm Sunday, preparing a big bed to plant asparagus. The soil in Vermont is 90 % rocks and 10 % dirt...
    Had a lot of fun, and it was great exercise too !
    Got sunburned on my nose and shoulders !

• Imbue
    Imbue

LOL Simon...bet you have a good sense of humor. I like people that can laugh at themselves. It's a necessary trait in my book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hey Gang,

Simon said,

Tip #1: If your hedge cutter stops working you have most likely cut through the power cable .
    Twice my hedge clippers quit working on me, just POOF, nothing. Both time I had indeed cut through that sneaky suicidal power cord.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• larc
    larc

Simon,

I can relate. The first year I ever used hedge trimmers, I cut the cord on one occasion, and nearly cut the end off one of my fingers on another. Haven't had a problem since. I am very careful with those things.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Maybe that's just the hedge trimmer's way of telling you that it is time to do some arc welding.

• Angst
    Angst

Ever hear the one about the stupid JW that cut the power cord on his gas hedge trimmers????

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

this is funny.
    im looking for a pic of sonic the hedge hog but no luck yet. Thought it would be a usefull tool. Simon you could throw darts at it.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• qwerty
    qwerty

Simon

Nice to know you where out there too! I hope you don't have as much hedge as we do. Don't you just hate that first cut of the year, so much trimmings to get rid of.

Beer and work don't really go hand in hand, althought I bet it was the drink that spurned you on to get the job underway? Is your hedge nice and straight? ;)

I hope you had a circuit breaker in line! We don't want this board going belly up now do we!?

qwerty

• Simon
    Simon

It was straight yesterday when I had done it (after re-wiring the trimmer) but I think someone must have massed with it in the night 'case this morning its a bit wiggly.

Because I lost about 1m of cable it didn't 'just' reach to the far corner like it used to either

That was just the front garden (that is more visible) - I haven't even started on the jungle at the back yet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit