The Pope believes "All religions are true"...

by Joepublisher1 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

Well, here's the latest hoax going around the JW community and many JWs are irresponsibly passing along this multi-faceted hoax about the new pope, as fact! It's disturbing that a JW will buy into these hoaxes if it's received by a brother/sister. They just don't seem to learn there lesson either (i.e. demonized smurfs from the 80s!) and to research things before accepting it as fact. It's sad...

For details about this hoax, check out:

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/dont-fall-for-this-pope-francis-hoax-5-things-to-know-and-share/

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well, I think the proposition in the thread title, all religions are true, is spot on, as long as you add : " as eachother". i.e none of them are.

Who can know what the Pope really thinks ?

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

I agree Phizzy... but, beyond that and more on point, JWs are shameless in the manner/method that they spread gossip and hoaxes. The Pope NEVER said this! I'm sure this is an effort by some JWs to spread doubt about the Pope's leadership - remember how they teach the wild beast will turn on false religion(?). It's just wrong to spread hoaxes as "fact" and most JWs never do any vetting about the accuracy of these stories. Just pass it along and if you get one of these hoaxes from a bro or sis, it must be true - NOT NECESSARILY!

• Joepublisher1
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...The WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes................................... The Catholic Pope..

.....Blessed by the Catholic Pope...................Wants to be a Jehovahs Witness Pope!!..

......................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• adamah
    adamah

Joe said-

I'm sure this is an effort by some JWs to spread doubt about the Pope's leadership - remember how they teach the wild beast will turn on false religion(?). It's just wrong to spread hoaxes as "fact" and most JWs never do any vetting about the accuracy of these stories. Just pass it along and if you get one of these hoaxes from a bro or sis, it must be true - NOT NECESSARILY!

Yeah, I saw that eyebrow-raising claim the other day about what Pope Francis supposedly said, and Googled "Pope Francis hoax" to find many sites that confirmed it was silly-string.

No doubt many JWs will perpetuate the hoax without any thought, since anyone who's not aware of the dynamic is most likely to be suckered by those very claims they most WANT to be true, and will pass it along. They're only providing tiny morsels of sweet lil' lies to feed the unquenchable thirst hunger of confirmation biases of others.

There's good reason believers are particularly suspectible to such urban legends: instead of denouncing it, they cherish their faith (AKA gullibility, except wearing a priest's robe to give the concept some credibility). You cannot turn rational thinking on and off, or expect it to operate in one domain only, and not have it spill over into other areas of your life.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All religions are true? So, Frances, I guess this is an official blessing on Spiritual Satanism. I recommend everyone that is even the least bit dissatisfied with their current religion to look into that--the worst you can get is more time spent in rounding out your education of which religions are out there. If it does appeal, by all means worship Satan! And no guilt trip, no Hail Marys or Our Fathers, no hellfire threats or other damnation threats, no guilt offerings, no nothing. After all, you did say ALL religions are true!

I hope a good many look into it. And that goes for jokehovians still searching for what religion to join. It costs nothing to research, and I advise spending much time researching before committing to anything anyways. Better an atheist or unaffiliated for a long time than joining another religion in haste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit