Is Rank a sign of gullibility?

by John Aquila 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

There was a man who was baptized in my old hall in his mid-30s and was into everything. One day I stopped by his house and he opened the door and he was in his white saggy underwear and had this green goo all over his head, chest and legs. He had purchase on the internet this formula that would grow hair. He had lost his head hair in his 20s and had no chest or leg hair. We went to his study room and he has all kinds of books and gadgets that he had ordered on the internet. (How to learn karate in 10 day, grow 6 inches in 6 weeks, how to get beautiful women to love you, increase you IQ in a month, how to read someone’s mind, what do women really want) The guy was single.

He rose through the JW ranks quickly-pioneer, MS, elder-sub-CO.

So here is my question; is rank in the WT world a measure of gullibility. In other words, are Circuit overseers more gullible than elders, and elders more gullible than ministerial servants, and down the line?

It seems like the ones that never reached out and were hardly in field service were doing the best financially and other wise.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its just an assuming generalization of people of having a poor educational background, combined with poor critical thinking skills, the reason they fall into organizations like the JWS/WTS and to further extent stuff they come across on places like the inter-net. They are easily sold by virtue of salable hype and compelling sensationalism.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Witnesses are groomed for that crap. The minute I moved to my recent hall I heard all kinds of people trying to hock cockamamy pyramid scheme multi level bull shit on me. I HATE THAT CRAP. and witnesses are king of it.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I was in a hall where we had token elders who were converts with a body of born ins that were the real heavy weights. The token elders were just construction labours and janitors.

Too me it reminded me of pro wrestling where you had the stables ( D-X, the four horsemen, the Hart Foundation ) where you had the major players ( Shawn Michaels, HHH, Rick Flair, Brett Hart ) and the rest of the members are pretty interchangeable.

It really surprised me how quickly converts moved though the ranks while three generation born-ins had no intentions of going anywhere in the borg.

To me it seem like you have to be a real asshole or have a below average IQ to serve as an elder.

• minimus
    minimus
    lol, these stories are funny.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

The cream always rises to the top.

However, don't forget the cream is only milk but thicker!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit