Getting bullied in school? Pray... and stuff. That'll fix it for sure

by LucidChimp 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

A Jdub who is close to me was telling me about the talk at their meeting this Sunday.

Some old git (visiting speaker) related a story about his grandson who was getting bullied in school. The advice that was given to the boy was "pray to Jehovah about it"... Not "let's go talk to your teachers", or even "pass me my machete" (this is Manchester, sue me). Nope - this poor lad was left to talk about his problems with, well let's face it, himself.

I was outraged at this and moaned for a while (I do that sometimes - often), only to hear the saddest part later.

The obviously-damaged-and-impaired-by-his-upbringing kid does pray about it, long and hard. Furthermore, when he goes to school the next day he marches right up to the bully and says something along the lines of "you're finished, I told Jehovah about you and He's going to sort you out proppa".

And the bully never bothered him again... even though they went to the same secondary school.

The End.

This is the advice children are getting from the platform... Getting beat up in school? Tell God. (They really don't seem to enjoy telling kids to report abuse in any form)

Obviously the real reason the bully left him alone is because he thought the kid was crazy... Or he thought Jehovah was a Mexican gangster.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I know.my boy was getting bullied.he's now going to boxing and he's more confident but won't look for trouble but he can look after himself, if needed.

• St George of England
    St George of England

One good fistful is worth a thousand words.

George

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

St G: I couldn't agree more if I tried.

quellycat: Good stuff, you can't beat having a bit of confidence in your hands. Funny how kids who can defend themselves usually don't have to do so very often.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Victims and martyrs are far more useful to authoritarian high-control groups than confident, self-respecting individuals capable of defending themselves (physically or otherwise).

• Simon
    Simon

One good fistful is worth a thousand words

It's sadly true. I was once getting bullied (typical JW kid with a target painted on me) until I punched one of the kids right in the face.

It was during a lesson and his face hit the blackboard next to where the teacher was writing on it. Yeah, I must have just had enough (and also punched pretty hard!).

The head-of-year that we were sent to was also my English teacher who asked me what had happened - he then got suspended and I went back to class. He protested that she hadn't heard his side of it but she said "what's the point, I've already heard the truth - I know you'd be lying".

After that people would chant "Rocky" when I came into class.

Talling a kid to pray to Jehovah and possibly march up to the bully and tell them about it is BAD advice and shame on the WTS for putting that nonsense out. A kid should either go in fists flying or tell whatever authority there is about it IMO (the latter is probably best).

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Bullying in school is really bad. I know a few kids (friends of mine) who were/are bullied. One was over social media. I reported it to the school counselor, and he quickly got to all the girls' parents so it could be dealt with. Another kid actually did the "fistful", but was caught on the school's camera. While this other kid was purely defending himself (not the first punch thrown), but kids had to appear in juvi court due to the school system's no tolerance rule. The judge put both kids on 3 months restraining orders against each other because it was each of their first offense. Yes, first offense even for the kid who was defending himself!

Now, what if the bullied kid yelled out to Jehovah in front of his peers? Yeah, that will surely stop the bully . . . . NOT. I bet it would get worse . . . alot worse. But, then it wouldn't be Jehovah's fault . . it would be viewed as persecution!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit