Logic and perception-how the WT deceives

by DS211 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DS211
    DS211

Logic and Perception page 110-111 in how to teach your child (or jw) how to think

"Logic is the way scientists, or other people, have to present their ideas. Even if a scientific breakthrough came out through hunch or chance it must be presented as if it were the result of Logic. Otherwise ideas cannot be accepted."
    1914 Ring a bell? WWI started that year therefore logically thats when the world would end...woops wait thats not logical cause it didnt end. That must mean that it was just the beginning of the time of the end. Right thats more logical. Moving on....

"Sometimes we need logic to take our perceptions further. Sometimes better perception reduces the need for logic.
    Perception is how we see the world around us"
    --the world is satans system, we are no part of the world.
    "Logic is how we make the best use of perception."
    --i should not celebrate Christmas because it is pagan and part of satans system, the bible says so based on what the WT states and GB says. That makes sense cause theres a lot of greedy people during the holidays.

"I once observed a cicada at close range. The cicada was making a loud noise but i could not tell how the noise was being made. No matter how closely i looked...i could not see any wings, wing cases, or legs moving in such a way as to make the noise. It was only later that i found that another cicada....was actually making the noise.
    This example is typical of one of the most widespread errors in thinking. If we look at only part of the situation, our logic will give us a false answer. But how do we know there is more we shoukd be looking at? THAT is where perception comes in."
    --the WT controls information and feeds followers and potentials with only their ideas and THEIR logic. Therefore they control and change when needed, the perception of its followers environments. Hence why "new light" is usually not a big problem for them. Theyve eliminated independent perception and logic.

• Island Man
    Island Man

They use terms like "evidently", "no doubt", "reasonably" just before introducing their flawed, pseudological conclusions. They are masters at sophistry to the ignorant, the gullible and the emotionally vulnerable.

• DS211
    DS211

total rubbish

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I have noticed the WT version of logic in my husband with other things. Although in some ways and times he does have a good grasp on logic on his own, using facts to create the perception. Other times I watch as he is completely illogical about something because of a preconcieved notion and he willl not use any factual evidence to change it.

I get frustrated with him at those times, go step by step pointing out the facts while he continues to deny for a while then finally, he does see the logic of the perception based on the facts. It is one of the reasons I have hope for him that he will eventually see his way out of the WTBTS mind control. He CAN sometimes use logic with fact based perception.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that has to be realized is that the WTS. doctrines set decades ago created something of

monumental importance to the leaders of this organization, for these doctrines cultivated an expanding

and assuming amount of actual power and control toward themselves, they were not only expressed vehicles

to attract attention to the organization's published literature.

That being so the WTS. heads set about on strenuous act to protect these set doctrines which was

previously created and once the publishing organization got continuously developed this put even more

pressure to reattain those doctrines from a financial operational perspective.

Opposing those doctrines and revealing their faults could potential also break down the image

that the organization was NOT solemnly chosen by god as his earthly organization.

So retrospectively you can see from all those tangible aspects why the WTS. had to protect which it

previously created.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Finkelstein, are you okay? You've posted the same comment on several threads and it's barely grammatical enough for me to understand. Are you trapped in a comment factory? Is this a plea for help?

• DS211
    DS211

Fink is using the M.E.P.S system created by Gods one true organization on earth.

• Apognophos
  • bohm
    bohm

holy shit, what an awfull description -- i cant tell what is being said. They ought to read some pinker, feynman or sagan to see what proper writing on science and logic looks like. As it is, its a perfect example of a unknowledgeable person trying to look insightfull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit