Need scan of a Greber related letter

by JWOP 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWOP
    JWOP

I keep finding references to the WTS replying in a letter the following (A letter dated March 15, 1983) Anyone know where I can get an actual scan of this?:

No doubt you have had opportunity to read the comments in our letter dated December 31, 1982, to Brother Jack Gottfried, secretary of your congregation. In our letter we addressed the issue of the propriety of the Society in quoting Johannes Greber's translation as an example of another translation that agreed with the New World Translation. It was stated that it was not our concern to go into the background or religious convictions of each translator. Who really can say if Mr. Greber was under the influence of the demons when translating a particular verse or portion of his translation? If he was under demon influence in translating John 1:1, then it is not beyond the Devil or the demons to tell the truth on occasions, if doing so will advance their evil ends in some way, such as giving opposers some excuse for claiming that the translation published by Jehovah's Witnesses must not be correct because it happens to translate John 1:1 in a manner similar to the way the translation in question does....

You also mention in your letter a tape recording which mentions a "thank you" letter to the Greber Foundation from the Society.... Our having this Bible translation in our library by no means indicated that we agreed with everything in it. We have a large number of books written by a wide range of religions. We keep these simply for reference.

• whathappened
    whathappened

bumping this thread...JWOP have you used the Search engine on this site?

• Black Sheep
  • JWOP
    JWOP

I searched this forum, and I've been through Ken Raines's site. But all I get is quotes from the letter. I am looking for an actual scan of the actual letter. I'm updating a book I wrote last year and I need the scan to verify the quotes. Without an actual scan of the letter, I won't have supporting evidence of the words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit