Sighhhhhhhh, the Draw Close to Jehovah book again for the Congregation Bible Study.

by Stand for Pure Worship 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Check out this gem from the Dec 2013 KM which explains why it's good to over this book a second go round.

"Congregations previously considered this book during 2004 and 2005. However,for many of the approximately two million publishers who have come into the truth since then,this will be the first time that Jehovah’s endearing qualities have been discussed in detail.For those who studied the book before, the review will help them to deepen their appreciation forJehovah’s attributes.—Ps.119:14"

I gotta kick out of this because I can only think of maybe two or three new ones in our congregation who weren't present when this book was first studied. At the same time, going over Jehovah's qualities isn't something new. That quote from above makes it seem like we don't discuss Jehovah over and over again. Heck, we're called Jehovah's Witnesses for a reason. Not that it wasn't evident before, but I swear new ideas and material are pretty much vacant anymore. If we do the Revelation book in 2015..............

• Comatose
    Comatose

I feel for you. That was so boring as a born In. I didn't learn anything. Just review what almost every WT is about.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

http://hwarmstrong.com/brainwashing-mind-control.htm

Many cults use repetition and word association . What the mind hears the most it believes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....................Whats for Dinner in WatchTower World??!!..

Leftovers from 2004..Served in 2013..................Try not to Throw Up..

.............................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Have you switched teams? I was MIA for a bit.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

2 million increase...... Whatever....

the kids got baptised, thats all... so they were there first time round and THANK FECK i left that boring crap behind.

7 years of no meetings and I don't feel a shred of loss or missing out, they offer nothing but thin air and if anything take from your soul (not the woo kind) not nourish it.

• watson
    watson

Hey! They're something to do...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

this will be the first time that Jehovah’s endearing qualities have been discussed in detail.

Oh, I'd like to see that. Jehovah, the OT god of petty, bloody violence. Endearing.....not so much.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

THANK FECK i left that boring crap behind.

7 years of no meetings and I don't feel a shred of loss or missing out, they offer nothing but thin air and if anything take from your soul (not the woo kind) not nourish it.

Oh, c'mon.....tell us how you really feel........don't hold back, now......

smackers, snare

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Two million? Yeah right, that means there was only 5.5 million JWs in 2004, which means that in the last 9 years there has been over a 33% increase. Yeah bloody right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit