Here we go again..... visitors from London bethel staying with my parents

by not bitter 7 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

They are arriving this evening at around 9:30 so when I went to pick up my daughter from my parents house after work I was ushered out sharpish as my mum is still cleaning the house and preparing. Ironing bedding, re-hanging curtains after getting them dry cleaned etc. Nuts!

I quite often pop over to see my parents on the weekend but this weekend I along with my brothers have been banished from the house for their oh so important visitors.

What do they think we are going to do to these people. It makes me mad that they rate these Bethalites so highly. They're just people.

My mum has been making a big deal out of it for 2 weeks. The fact that they've been asked to up them up for the weekend for the special talk. ''And they're from Bethel'' As if I'm going to be impressed. My parents obviously are.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

It's ridiculous, I know. But you can't change your parents right now, so let it go. Have a fun weekend with your child, and perhaps miss next weekend if your still miffed. It's the freakin weekend, baby you need to have you some FUN!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Your parents must be pretty high up in the local Cong politics to get that "honor".

Doc

• KateWild
    KateWild

Why is the family banished? I would have thought you would benefit from wholesome association? Kate xx

• Gayle
    Gayle

Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter. I don't know if you do Christmas yet? Doing a "Winter Wonderland" holiday is a great stepping stone.

Show your daughter what fun she can have, celebrating life, at least seasons. Show her the positives of this life. She will see that her parent's life has more joy for her. Her grand-parents life will not compare.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They`re going to want to eat Strange Food..Like..

French Fry Sandwiches!!..

Don`t let your Mom and Dad eat it!..

It`s how the English make more Englishmen!!..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• not bitter
    not bitter

My daughter often asks why nana and grandad don't celebrate anything fun. She asked my mum the other day and my mum didn't know how to answer her so asked her ''what do mummy and daddy tell you is the reason why we don't celebrate anything?''

I was dreading my daughters answer in case she repeated anything sarcastic that she may have overheard me or her dad saying. But she answered my mum with ''because you're Christian''

I haven't got a clue where she got that from. I'm sure thats not something she's overheard me saying.

I tell my daughter that they don't celebrate anything because of their religion. They she announces that she is never going to be religious if it stops her having fun. She is only 7.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I have a 5 and 7 year old, and they fully comprehend what is going on with my JW parents. Sadly for them, they never got a Christmas with grandparents. My daughter's kids, who are now forced to be JW's, DO remember birthday parties and our big family Christmas gatherings. That ended 5 years ago.

We are making our own memories with our children now. I still mourn for the fun and memories that could have been, but my kids are too full of joy and innocence. We are having a wonderful time this year, decorating with more Christmas lights than ever, wrapping presents, making treats and playing Christmas music. These are memories like I made with my mom as a child. Too bad she has to miss it this time around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit