Bethel public relations rep J.R. Brown tells Connie Chung GB are not directed by God nor are JW's better than others

by williamhconley 5 Replies latest jw friends

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Connie Chung was interviewing J.R. Brown WT public relations head regarding the pedophile Manuel Cano (50 yr old Bethel elder) in 2006.

During the interview she asks J.R. Brown if the WT considers themselves spirit directed or inspired. She also asks him if the JW's believe if they're the only true religion or channel to God.

The answer given by the Public relations head will turn your head. What amazing liars they all are. J.R. Brown technically commits apostasy according to the Wt policies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxGvEpkdYUs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Our very own JWN poster LDH had her own interview with him and she posted while she was talking to him on this same subject. She even asked him the same questions about JW being the only true religion and if the GB are inspired. Here is the link to LDH's thread from SEVEN years ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/115824/1/Called-JR-Brown-regarding-Cano-Pedophile-situation#.Uor4vkqXrQI

-Aude.

EDITED AGAIN: To the OP - Are you sure this is Connie Chung on the phone with JR Brown?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Wow. I need to find that interview without the song and save it. Great find.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't think it's Connie Chung. I think the woman on the phone is LDH.

-Aude.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Whether it's Connie Chung or not, the point is that the public relations representative of the Watchtower was caught denying that the Governing Body was special and directed by God.

He also stated that the JW's are not better or superior than others. Ever since C.T. Russel, the WT has claimed that no one can understand the Bible or be loved by God unless they accept the WT's teaching's and submit to their authority. This rtaped interview shows how the Watchtower is willing to lie and use deceitulness when convenient.

W.H. Conley

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@williamhconley - I completely agree with you that this was a very, very eye-opening and important disclosure. Not doubt about it. And I would like to see it get more coverage, so I'm glad you re-kindled it.

But we also have to be careful to get our facts straight. 'Close enough' is not really good enough when we have the attention of even one JW. We know that the WT often mis-quotes and misrepresents what people say. Most of us were not taught how to properly verify information and the importance of correct referencing.

Why say it was Connie Chung in the first place? Was that to get people to pay attention more? It had the opposite effect and derailed your thread.

But the original thread that I cited above has been re-activated and over 500 more views in the past 16 days. So that's great.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit