CONTRIBUTIONS DECEPTION?

by The Searcher 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If I've got something wrong here, I welcome any corrections in my understanding;

1. Circuit Assembly costs are funded by each congregation in the Circuit contributing from their KH funds.

2. Donations are requested during the C.A. program to offset the costs of 'providing' the facilities.

If the C.A. costs are already funded by the 'sheep' prior to attending, (via the KH accounts) why are they urged to pay a second time?

The donations boxes are unmarked - they don't have a label stating "Circuit Donations" or suchlike - therefore, do all the donations stay within the Circuit account, or is a portion hived off to the Branch account?

The system seems to be deliberately unclear so as to facilitate the extraction of more money from the sheep.

Someone on JWN must have inside info on this apparently tacky set-up!

• zeb
    zeb

Nothng posted

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The elders meeting at lunchtime during the circuit assembly or special day is usually to agree that any 'surplus' gets donated to the branch.

The society puts a nominal charge of say £4 per publisher per day, so the "cost" to host a special day assembly for 7 congregations of 100 publishers is 7*100*4 = £2,800.

So the special assembly day accounts start at negative £2,800, (announced as a "deficit"). This encourages the brothers & sisters to donate more. Even if the congregations have sent in their contributions already, you don't have to do the final sums until after the assembly has finished, so there's no point announcing the "cost" has already been covered.

Also bear in mind that the "cost" has nothing to do with the actual running costs of the day. Really, how many expenses can a mortgage free assembly hall have? Energy, cleaning materials & toilet paper.

If the assemblys did not make a profit, the society would simplify them out of existance.

• cantleave
  • Splash
    Splash

There should be an 'and' in Sapphy's reply. The elders send money to the branch 'and' there's a set fee per day per publisher.

Splash.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Searcher:

Here is a post of mine (# 744) where I wondered about the circuit costs at an Assembly Hall

And here is a post where I report what I eventually found out. (Actually, I couldn't find this post) But what I found out was that Circuits are charged a per/publisher rate for the one or two day use of an Assembly Hall. The brother doing the accounts said the rate varies from one Assembly Hall to another. The rate at that particular one was $3.20 per publisher per day.

That figure still didn't answer all my questions about expenses. At that particular SAD there were about 1800 in attendance (so they actually used attendance rather than actual publishers)

But that figure amounts to about $6,000. So where did the other $5,500 in expense come from? The answer I got was that there were some needed repairs for the Circuit apartments attatched to the Assembly Hall. But the Assembly Hall was only about two months old. Why didn't warranties cover that? What is was specifically for , I don't know.

Probably, like Splash said, the figure included some offered to the Society.

Take Care

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

IF YOU THINK CIRCUIT DONATIONS IS BIG BUSINESS LOOK INTO RELIEF EFFORTS AT LEAST IN THE USA. EACH PUBLISHER IS PRESENTED WITH A LIST OF ALL REPAIRS, MATERIALS, ETC... THEN IT IS MENTIONED BY TWO BROTHERS... OR A RUMOR IS CIRCULATED THAT SEVERAL IF NOT MANY DONATE THEIR ENTIRE INSURANCE CHECK FOR THEIR DAMAGE REPAIRS IN APPRECIATION.......IN HONESTY OFTEN JWS WILL GET THEIR ROOFS FIXED SOONER AND FOR A FAIR PRICE BUT THE NON PROFIT ASPECT IS CAREFULLY CRAFTED TO BRING RETURNS FOR THESE RELIEF EFFORTS THAT FAR EXCEED THE MONIES ORIGINALLY SPENT. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE PURCHASING SETUP FOR KH BUILDINGS AND ASSY HALL CONSTRUCTIONS .....THEY USE CREDIT CARDS WITH INDIVIDUAL BROTHERS NAMES LOCALLY AND THESE CARDS HAVE REWARD ASPECTS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM WHICH NET BIG, BIG MONEY RETURNS BACK TO WTB&TS WHICH SIDESTEPS IRS NON PROFIT LAWS FOR THIS ORGANIZATION. PHILLY... LAWYERS FOR SURE.....THE MONEY TO PAY THE CREDIT CARD EXPENDITURES IS PAID DIRECTLY FROM WTB&TS FUNDS.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In essence, the WTBTS motto seems to be - "Wherever 2 or 3 are gathered in Christ's name, lighten their wallets!".

• KateWild
    KateWild

They need to raise more money for law suits

• geevee
    geevee

Don't forget that the circuit has to pay for the "special" speaker thay fly in from bethel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit