downton.org

by freemindfade 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I hate to out myself like this... But was watching downton abbey with the wife   

and anyway, there are a lot of high control similarities to the aristocracy and other control groups and cult etc. There are fascinating bits constantly exposing how the an elite class are self ordained to be in such a position, and completely unqualified in many ways, something not as educated as a lowly school teacher of the time, or not as driven by questioning and truth as a lowly drive, but just do as your told... because...  anyway this is not my main point, what I am getting at is in the last episode I caught (spoiler alert) It was a big deal for them to get a "wireless" basically a radio, in the house.

You can constantly see how the establishment is threatened by people being informed or exposed to outside people and ideas. In any event still getting on, they all listen to the king saying something, now at the end the old grandma lady, who is old school hardcore aristocracy says hearing the king speak makes him more real, and she is not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. It might remove the magic that keeps them so important and special. And it instantly got me thinking about JWtv. Making the witnesses aristocracy get out in front of everyone and speak is going to take away that mystery most share about the GB. It's making them real and to quote her, "not sure if thats such a good thing". Think about it... and don't judge me too much for watching this 

• Simon
    Simon
    But was watching downton abbey with the wife ... and don't judge me too much for watching this

Yeah, I also am erm, "forced" to watch it.

c'mon, it's a great show. It's interesting seeing how society changed (I know it's only loosely historical but it does make things more real).

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Simon

Its actually very well done, characters are good, wardrobe is awesome, they capture the period very well, I just can't openly admit to it lol. I love breaking bad, I love mad men, i just watch downtown abbey 

• KateWild
    KateWild

Maggie Smith is fabulous. She was so funny when she said that. I can see your point why the GB are now losing their mystery and aloofness. I think it's especially true when they speak extemporaneously and say outright silly things.

Kate xx 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit