Talk with my parents!

by Kool Jo 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Hey folks…had a skype conversation with my parents (hard-core, extremist JW’s)…and the cult still has a tight grip on them….like others on here, you’re perhaps just watching your parents, growing older, giving to the cult more and more….with nothing in return.

They were happy to tell me how they’re enjoying their new bibles and how this provision is fantastic and show Jehovah’s blessings blah blah blah.

We then spoke about how their congregation will be getting a new Khall, although many persons in the congregation didn’t agree with it’s location. The location is purchased by those at the branch office and is too small to accommodation even two dozen vehicles. My dad was very vocal and said “those at the branch have no idea what they’re doing…such a small piece of land and we’re expecting brothers from other congregations to come and join us?”

My mom jumped into the conversation and said that the COBE mentioned that if that’s where Jehovah wants the khall to be, then so be it…the preferred piece of land by the others in the hall is across the road….so far away right? Jehovah is gonna be ssssssoooooooooooo angry because he khall goes on the other side of the road where it doesn’t flood when it rains…my parents and I both laughed at the idea.

So I asked my parents: do you really think Jehovah is the one that dictated that this exact piece of land is where the khall must go? To which they both replied, “we don’t think so”, beside there are other suitable lands in the community. I then said, the society has millions of dollars, do you think you could ask for a few more thousand dollars to get a more suitable land? My mother then replied, we’re aware the society has millions of dollars, we read about the properties they sold off in New York…the society has so much money it’s unbelievable…and then she shook her head (smiled to myself when I saw it on skype).

Once again both my parents said in unison that most of the brothers don’t like the lower part of the land due to the lack of parking space and the flooding that may occur when it rains. I then said, from the very top to the very bottom of the organization people just make decisions and pass them along, hoping that nobody questions the decisions.

We then spoked about how time is going fast and in a few years time I’ll be 30…to which they said time does go quickly, I then joked and said by the time you look around I’ll be 50 dad…they both nodded and chuckled.

I also told them that I’m going ahead with my plans to acquire my MBA next year, since I get assistance from my company. My dad wished me all the best, and told me not to forget Jehovah…to which I said “ok”.

I doubt their is any hope for my parents to see TTATT, but all I can do is hope like everyone else who's family is impacted by this cult.

Peace

Kool Jo

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Kool Jo, If you can help your parents to think for themselves, that is a good thing. It seems like you are subtly planting seeds of doubt that may bear fruit someday. Who knows maybe someday with your help of asking simple questions, they will really start to question the WTBTS more. Have you asked them what are their retirement plans and also explain what yours are?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@Robert:

Thanks for replying...I gathered from the conversation with my parents that they don't agree with every decision that is made by the branch office or even the other elders in the congregation...but they just go with the flow.

Regarding retirement, thankfully my parents saved and both have retirement plans....I told them I also am taking advantage of my company's retirment plans...they both agreed and said we can't speculate when the end is coming you still have to live your life.

I doubt they'll wake-up, but I still hope they do.

Peace

Kool Jo

• Listener
    Listener

"My mom jumped into the conversation and said that the COBE mentioned that if that’s where Jehovah wants the khall to be, then so be it"

I still can't help but cringe when I hear things like this being said and I do think there comes a point in time when some JWs know that attributing everything as being God's will is not right. I also think that these JWs just shake their head but are prepared to go along with it because all that really becomes important to them is their belief in God and they know no other way of serving him.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

To be honest, your parents don't sound like "hardcore" JWs, judging from that conversation. Seemed pretty reasonable.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Nice job!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Beautiful post, hopefully your parents see sense and happiness soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit