More on the 5go outer ...........not

by 5go 3 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

Not really this topic is for my mom that is suffering now please give some experiances of finding out everything (TTATT) or about relatives wanting to leave. She apparently is lurking here reading my posts. She is suffering horribly and needs the comfort badly.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

It can be tough for a parent or family member to find out that one of their loved ones wants to leave the org. They likely won't understand, or even want to understand. In the JW mindset the only right answer is the JW answer. The only truth is the JW truth from the slave. This summer we had an entire convention dedicated to truth, which didn't contain a single word about how to actually find the truth in any given matter. Nothing about searching out information from all sources and viewpoints, considering them all objectively in light of presently known facts and information. The general message was, 'if it's from the watchtower or the bible , it's true. If not, it's Not true. If it disagrees in any way with the watchtower or the bible , it is automatically a lie from satan. How are people supposed to make honest decisions with this mindset?

I can't imagine your mother's pain right now but the fact that she is on here reading yours and others' posts is important. Hopefully she is able to see the fact that you're not a bad person, mislead by the devil. That, and the fact that you've been here since 2006. That's a long time to wake up and remain "in."

To 5go's mom: welcome to our forum, you will find all types here, all sharing one thing in common. We after a long, objective consideration of our beliefs, the bible, history and the world we live in have all come to the conclusion that this org. Does not have 'The Truth,' it never did. You will find some to be bitter, spiteful. Please remember that these people have been hurt badly by this org. And it's teachings and policies. Some lives have been ruined, families torn apart, loved ones lost because they would not have a simple blood transfusion. The list goes on and on. The knowledge that you have been lied to your whole life is painful.

For many, learning that the org's policies directly serve to protect its name over the safety of children from pedophiles, or the fact that they were a manner of the UN for 11 years, or that Jerusalem wasn't destroyed in 607 but 587 BCE is a big shock. It also makes it tough to support such a group. Personally, finally accepting that the org. was wrong about 607 and therefore 1914,1918,1919 etc. was the last straw for me. Never another day knocking on doors, preaching what I knew to be lies.

Hopefully this religion doesn't tear your family apart like it has mine and thousands of others.

• 5go
    5go

Thank you for posting that

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Experience shows that people cannot be awaken to The Truth About The Truth (TTATT) until they are ready to wake up.

This is why cult-exiting expert Steven Hassan recommends that when trying to reach a family member in a cult, NEVER DISCUSS DOCTRINE.

Doing so will usually just invoke their cult identity and put their defenses up.

A better way, and one with a greater chance of success (but no guarantees), is to always try to speak to their authentic self, that is the person they were before they entered the cult (in this case JWs) or for those born-in, who they would be if they had not been born-in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit