Can you really give the WT app a negative review?

by bytheirworks 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

Seriously guys, can you really give the WT app a negative review?

I mean it does what it says it will do in a sleek way... right?

So why the calls to give this app bad reviews? Are you that bitter?

• Laika
    Laika

I suppose you could downrate it for featuring a poor translation, but a 1 star would be a bit harsh.

OTOH, it would balance out the huge number of 5 stars reviews given by JWs for no other reason than it's an official JW app.

• nugget
    nugget

It depends what it poports to be. If it claims to be an accurate translation of the Bible then it is misleading. It is a translation for JWs that supports JW beliefs and introduces the name Jehovah where it never in the original manuscript. I don't want it and therefore do not feel any need to review it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It could be downrated for inserting 1914 and "governing body" into the pages of the Bible for a start. Not to mention inserting "Jehovah" 230 times into the New Testament, along with a pretty misleading appendix on the subject. Plus it could be severely marked down for not revealing what scholarship lies behind the translation and the credentials of the committee. Plus although a lot of the new version is a lot more readable, long sections of gobbledygook still remain, especially in the NT letters for some weird reason. It's a very uneven revision, and a very uneven version.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Negative reviews will be dismissed just like anything else: satanic apostate propaganda. And yes I'm bitter!

• Emery
    Emery

I don't expect to argue Jdubs out of their beliefs through an app review. Thing is, no one really challenges their beliefs, so this could be a great way to get many jdubs exposed to TTATT for once. Here's the thought process. Witnesses will probably get pissed if they see some bad reviews for this app. They will search it out and they'll see what has been said. For those curious enough, reading anything about TTATT can set certain doubts in motion. It may not happen immediately but can linger and grow years down the road, hopefully freeing them from this cult. Even if it only helps 1 or 2 out of this organization, it is well worth it.

• adamah
    adamah

SBF said-

It could be downrated for inserting 1914 and "governing body" into the pages of the Bible for a start.

They didn't insert those into the text of the Bible, itself; only into the "outline of contents" that opens each Chapter. Give them time to do what you say, but they haven't done it (yet).

Emery said-

I don't expect to argue Jdubs out of their beliefs through an app review. Thing is, no one really challenges their beliefs, so this could be a great way to get jdubs to actually think for once. Here's the thought process. Witnesses will probably get pissed if they see some bad reviews for this app. They will search it out and they'll see what has been said. For those curious enough, reading anything about TTATT can set certain doubts in motion. It may not happen immediately but can linger and grow years down the road, hopefully freeing them from this cult. Even if it only helps 1 or 2 out of this organization, it is well worth it.

It's more likely to have the opposite effect, making apostates appear to be childish, thus living up to GB expectations and fulfilling the stereotype; that's likely to confirm the words of the GB, driving JWs deeper into their protective cocoons.

Granted, it MIGHT be helpful to review it with a less-than-glowing review to stand out, but then put a warning in a review about checking out jwfacts.com. Just keep the hostility and anger in check, and stick to the FACTS: the TRUTH is more powerful than rants.

Problem there is it's likely to be reported as spam (which it IS) and quickly deleted, and it's unlikely that you're going to do any good anyway, since someone who's an "interested one" isn't likely going to be checking the App Store to download a tool designed for use in FS, anyway. It should be clear to anyone with half a brain that the consensus of opinion, and all the disgusting, "Thanks, Jehovah! What a WONDERFUL blessing this is for God's Earthly Ones" screams "It's a CULT!" more than any apostate could ever say. But again, the problem is that it's very unlikely the public is going to be aware of it.

Adam

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Even mentioning those dubious items in extra-textual elements of a Bible is pretty damnable in my view.

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

Now ranked #79 in free apps

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Tere are so many positives that I would not even try to make a negative, just make a positive that says,.. " does this app allow acces to the jw facts.com site for more detailed info?"

Or something similar,... A few jws will see it,..

NJT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit