What hell was unleashed last night?

by Blind_Of_Lies 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I got up this morning and checked the ol' Facebook and I found that it had really blown up overnight. The remaining witness friends/family I have on there are all riled up and foaming at the status box of the wonderful blessings and other stupidity they have been bestowed. While they all seem to be talking in code it appears (and confirmed by other threads) that they released a new version of the bible and possibly an app for ishit.

I have a few questions...

First... Any idea why they are talking in code? I have not seen a single one of them come out and say what they are all excited about but there are several threads with multiple people talking about the new blessings... do they even know what they are?

Second... Was it a new bible and app? I am more curious about the bible. I see multiple threads discussing revised scriptures and from what I have seen it looks like an obvious dumbing down in general but I have also seen a couple threads where it looks like they are backing off the whole "slay the gays" thing.

Finally... What was the purpose of this release? There has to be "official" reasoning. My guess is the truth will never be known but it seems like a straight up rebranding with the intent of trying to coax people who either left or would never take a look at all into coming in.

Thoughts?

Was anyone actually AT the meeting?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah it's bigger than Sparlock, if you can believe that.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I don’t know any Witness parents who actually let their kids watch Sparlock. Most witnesses that I have seen watch it are horrified and several different people have actually tried to convince me that it was an apostate movie made to trick people into thinking Witness parents were insane control freaks. Shocking.

Now that said, yea it got a lot of the old folks attention because “the young people need his loving control and control”. My in-laws for example all but got off on it several times. We were subjected to Sparlock’s advances for weeks after release.

The people I am talking about here are all under 30 and they come from a broad range of “activity levels” one is inactive but went out of her way to say how proud she was to be a JW and of course people everywhere chimed in. On the far end of the spectrum I saw someone who dropped me like a hot knife years ago and is living in all but abject poverty so they can serve the greater need…in Florida… is also babbling on about how wonderful it all was.

This seems to have picked up most of them and swept them along in the current. Heck.. .it even brought me back to the forum

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

They were told not to post anything on social media or text others until all congregations had heard the AGM. i guess they didn't want to ruin the surprise...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit