WT Society is watching us?!

by lv4fer 7 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I just can't believe that they have people waste their time with what is said here. Is this board and the likes really that important/damaging to them? Don't get me wrong I hope this board and the likes, enlightens alot of people and brings them out of the Society, it just that I guess it boggles my mind. I mean, really, let's not flatter ourselves. Do you really think what we say in here is that interesting or hurtful to an organization of that size. They are soooo good at "blinding the minds" of their followers and threatening them if they leave, the majority of witnessess aren't going anywhere.

I would love to think what everyone says here really has an impact but I doubt it. Is there any examples of people who have come here and left because of what they found out here. Is it really possible for them (the society) to trust people to read what we post and not wonder if they will leave too, if we truly do have this much power?

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• badboy
    badboy

We know U WT are out there and am reading our posts, so Y don't U click onto Badboy's posts and really learn something.WT?

Make it my day, WT.

Hallejuh!

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Rita:

This board's main purpose is not primarily to get people out of the WTS. Ultimately, it is them that wants to do that.
    At least to me, this board has been pretty educational in the sense that you can see what people has to offer. Some come here and vent, which is fine. You can learn from that.

I came here to learn more about what the JWs are about and I can admit the most important lesson for me, a never-been JW, is to NEVER become a JW.

So, you WatchTower Society's Internet WatchDogs, I am one "worldly" who's not gonna join you and don't worry about me: I will not gonna die at "HarmAgeddon" because it will NEVER happen.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

I just can't believe that they have people waste their time with what is said here. Is this board and the likes really that important/damaging to them?

I have repeated many times on this Board that the WTS DO monitor this Board.

I have this information on the authority of a very, very senior figure in WT Legal.

Why they do it is quite obvious. It is here and on such similar Boards that they feel the pulse, and read the mind of their opposition. Often statements are made of legal action being taken, plans are laid, e mail addresses, often names are given out. The WTS gets a heads up on how to spin its PR by reading such messages, in fact, they would be foolish not to.

Often things are discussed on this Board, especially to do with current child-abuse cases, that would be better kept private. I mean no disrespect to any poster, but there seems to be an obsession with being 'first' with news on WTS information and scandal. Those who seek out and publish this information are viewed with a sense of pride by others, almost like a badge of honor.

Having information is the easy thing, acting responsibly with it is another thing altogether. Shooting oneself in the foot, it must be acquiesced, only results in limping.

Best regards - HS

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

As I said in a related thread, of course they monitor this board! For one thing, it's basic human nature: if you knew you there was a forum devoted to talking about you and that most of the comments were negative, sheer curiosity as to what others are saying about you would be irrestisible.

I for one welcome their presence and can only hope that they listen to some of the more valid criticisms and that they at last act to redress some of the legitimate concerns raised here.

• detective
    detective

Would you believe scientologists monitor opposition sites?

They do.

As for the watchtower: We're talking about a paranoid little fringe group with a persecution complex! Look at how they police their members! It's all about control. Cults are like that.

I believe that they regularly monitor opposition websites.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    As for the watchtower: We're talking about a paranoid little fringe group with a persecution complex! Look at how they police their members! It's all about control. Cults are like that.

So much for their claim of being Persecuted. Sheesh!

• anewperson
    anewperson

Of course they watch; even their name tells you that: WATCHtower Society. Waste their time? No, because every once in a while they see something of interest to them. Also their folks, said to be a minimum of two per shift, work to discredit persons and their good ideas which would harm their Big Mama. Fluff they mostly ignore but not the real stuff--like I sometimes post. However, since we also know they do this we can and do also in turn make use of that fact, too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit