so which organization is Jehovah blessing?

by nowwhat? 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

so it is now widely known that bro russell got most most of his teachings from the adventists but the society says" Jehovah blessed the bible students" . why then are there now 17 million Adventists and only 7 million JW'S?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Loaded Question

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

NowWhat: ...why then are there now 17 million Adventists and only 7 million JWs?

It's questions like that that are going to keep you from being a popular guest at your local Kingdom Hall!

When I heard that Jesus had inspected all the religions on the earth and had chosen the WTBTS, it was then that I knew they had an inside man in Heaven who was snooping for them. Who do you suppose it was who snitched?

Wait...you don't think they MADE IT UP, do you?

Boy, do I feel dumb!

• steve2
    steve2

Well a "good" JW would answer your loaded question by quoting Scripture that the road to eternal life is narrow and few find it whereas the road to destruction is wide and many are on it.

Hence, the good JW would continue to say, great numbers have absolutely nothing to do with whether "Jehovah" is or is not "blessing" an organization.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

True, and then they would proceed to use Yearbook stats and beautiful real estate as evidence of YHWH blessing the dubs.

• mP
    mP

Jehovah must be blessing islam, are they not the fastest growing religion ? Every month they grow by more than all the JW i nthe world.

• steve2
    steve2
    Jehovah must be blessing islam, are they not the fastest growing religion ? Every month they grow by more than all the JW i nthe world.

Cool observation. It's the "numbers game" in which everyone's a winner: If your group grows, it's God's blessing; if your group shrinks, it's God purifying the organization.

• kes152
    kes152

He's not blessing any organization (as far as we are understanding the word blessing to mean having his approval). He does bless people by exposing them for the wrong things they do, at which point most people hate him and try to punish, expel, or even kill those sent by him who are delivering this unpleasant news. If anyone accepts that they are doing bad things and repents and leaves them, they are drawn to him (not an organization).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit