Never say never

by zed is dead 9 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I really thought that I would never go to another memorial service at a Kingdom Hall ever again. I found out today that a man that I truly respected as a man passed away recently. His daughter call me to let me know.

Even though I haven't spoke to them in years, I still consider them family. Her and I had a long conversation today and caught up on the past years of our lives. I will be there to offer support on Saturday.

Some friendships cannot even be killed by the Borg.

zed

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Zed, I'm sorry about your friend's passing.

But, I am glad that his daughter reached out to you.

Thanks for sharing.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Zed- My deepest sympathies. I thought of you today. I know it must have been a tough time for you.

Missy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am happy that you are able to see some friendships beyond the barriers of the cult. I respect each personal decision of whether to attend or not attend such events.

Strength to you.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Never miss a funeral. Author unknown.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sorry for your loss. Considerate of the daughter to think of you. RIP.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It went as well as could be expected. I received a big hug from the SIL of the deceased. He has not shunned me ever, but we drifted apart over the years. I am sure that we will get together soon. The son was also very gracious, and was glad I was there. He was my first roomie when I moved out as a teenager, and we had some wild times.

Of course, the assholes were still f**king assholes!

The memorial talk was from an old friend of mine's son. He was always a good guy, we actually did some partying together back in the day. It was NOT the typical JW funeral talk. It was how I imagined I would have done it if I was giving it. He did not use the official outline, and talked more about the man and very little about the sales pitch.

Overall it was a good experience. I still have hope for some of my old friends that are still trapped in the cult. They still have their humanity.

zed

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Sorry for the loss of your old friend.

But it is so nice that you were contacted and included in the event. I cannot count the number of times I've been told of someone's passing months AFTER they were gone. That is just compounded loss.

-Aude.

• flipper
    flipper

ZED- My dear friend I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm so glad you were able to attend the memorial and offer your support . It's so crazy as we get older how many close friends we lose along the way. I lost a employee recently myself and it really hurts. We'll try to catch up and chat sometime soon, O.K. ? Love you my friend. Peace to you.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

He was a good man that saw through the congregational and organization bullshit. My favorite quote of his is about people not getting what it is to be a true spiritual person:

"Some people can be waist deep in water, and never get wet"

RIP

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit