by Happier 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Happier
    Happier

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all of your replies it was so lovely waking up to such lovely messages!! I will be sure to get back to you all after my working day.

Thank you again xxx

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi and welcome, what an excellent introduction.

We feel your pain. Yes, it hurts when we find out the truth about people, in jw land and the world. People are people, their traits come out eventually.

Be thankful you have the intelligence and moral dignity to see through the lies.

You are free now, you must be thankful you 'woke up' at such a young age, you have your life ahead of you, you afer in charge.

One cannot say 'forget the past' the hurt never goes, like the loss of a loved one, it always remains, but it does lose it's strength eventually.

Talk much about your confusion, fears etc, get it all out, and don't let it control you anymore.

It will take time, but you will get there.

Start to enjoy life, seek out the 'little things'.

x

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi happier!!

First of all, welcome!!

Isn't it ironic that JWN is full of good-hearted, loving people?? We all want to help you!!

I am so sorry you had to go through an experience like this!! It is so sad to think that people can let go of their humanity to protect a group!!

You have a great mom!! Cherish her!! Love her!! Not many moms have the courage to face the JW's!!

I wish you a happy and great life, and welcome again!!

ILTTATT

• Happier
    Happier

This certainly did set me up for the day, what a lovely day I had. So by of replies to some of you;

Truthseeker - yes I am 20 and I am in the UK Ding - I do think you are right I should not live regretting, but I should use this experience to become a better person, more empathetic and loving. Robert - Thank you so much I will be sure to look those references up. Adam - What you say really hits home, I am most grateful to my mum even though she is sick and she is going through the mill without all of the friends she thought she had, she was there for me and our relationship is really great since I decided not to go anymore. Thank you so much for your kind words. Aunt Fancy, Lois Lane, Jake - Thank you so much for your lovely messages, I feel so validated now that I am with like-minded ones who don't try and make an excuse for why things happened. What happened was wrong and was continues to happen and the hypocrisy is wrong.

Just relief... it feels fantastic!! Live, Love, Life!

• Happier
    Happier

*lost* - I do feel like I am an honest person and I refuse to live in way that is lying about who I am when I know this is the wrong way of living for me. Thank you for your support. IloveTTATT - Yes I have found that overnight I have had people who believe what I went through as truth and not me being some kind of disobedient trouble maker or something. How liberating...

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

"I do feel like I am an honest person and I refuse to live in way that is lying about who I am when I know this is the wrong way of living for me." Thats exactly the way I felt when I got disfellowshipped. A hearty welcome from accross the pond in Canada.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Hi Happier, may I present a slightly different viewpoint.

You said in your first post:

I have recently told my best friend, or who I thought was my best friend and she basically thinks I am going to die and is scared to talk to me in case I am apostate. I feel so hurt down to the bone and so sick that the all important teen years have been tarnished by this experience.

Compare yourself to your (former) friend. She is imprisoned by her belief and her unwillingness to exchange the fake world of Christianity (whatever the interpretation) for the truth of reality. But you already have made that exchange. So you have already made tremendous progress in the real world.

Aspects of your experience are indeed bitter, but out of the bitterness, comes a benefit. You are better equipped now to deal with reality. You will be sceptical in the future of claims that humans make, particularly claims that mean you allow someone else to control you.

So congratulations, on your learning experience! Congratulations, on escaping the clutches of an imaginery God! Congratulations, on attaining a free mind! And bewt wishes for your new life!

• Happier
    Happier

Fulltimestudent - It is very sad though that she no longer feels that she can speak to me, all I wish is for her to be happy and she feels so conflicted. I did end up telling her I would not be offended by her decision to talk to me or not because I do not want to put any undue pressure on her. I will just miss her so much and I feel upset because people have made her feel this way... I hope this makes sense?? Thank you very much for your wishes. I hope to be able to enjoy life to the full and live a life I am proud of. x Truthseeker - Thank you so much!

• Bella15
    Bella15

So sorry to hear what you have been through ... you are in my thoughts and prayers and will wish with all my might that things go well with you and that the "thief" pays you double for your trouble ...

Howdy from Texas USA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit