JW's will foam at the mouth if you pray to Jesus? Do they try to tell you this prior to the big sting?

by Narcissistic Supply 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It took me 7 years to figure out that jeho's are mortified to sit in the room if you pray to jesus. I've prayed to jesus my entire life. I tell my estranged spouse that she can pound sand if she doesn't like me praying to jesus with my two little girls.

I tell her and her mom to POUND LOTS AND LOTS OF SAND IF YOU THINK I"M GOING TO STOP PRAYING TO JESUS. It's not my problem. I've prayed to jesus my entire life. Never had a problem with it until I met a JW.

Hell i started praying to jesus out of the blue. Like some crazy person. Just for the effect. Pound sand ladies and gentlemen. Pound sand.

• Ding
    Ding

I take it you weren't a JW. To a JW, praying to Jesus is like praying to Satan because the prayer isn't being directed to Jehovah. That's the way the WT views it. That's one of the hardest things for some people to cope with if they ever leave the WT and try a church... praying to Jesus seems idolatrous.

Of course, in the New Testament, Christians did sometimes pray to Jesus as well as to the Father (Acts 9; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Corinthians 12:7-9, for example).

• scary21
    scary21

Even if you talk about Jesus too much, they get very uncomfortable. If you were to say " I love my lord and savior Jesus Christ "

They would look at you like you lost your mind. JW's just do not talk about Jesus very much. Less and less as time goes by. IMO

• biometrics
    biometrics

Satan worshippers, Muslims, Hindus ... etc are regarded higher than Christians who pray to Jesus.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

They actually worshipped Jesus up until 1954.

Then it was idolatrous.

Here is a URL that you will have to copy and paste that discusses this flip flop on the matter.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php

NJY

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, my wife is like that. "People praising Jesus, thinking so highly of Jesus. Well, they totally forget all about the Father. They're going to need more than Jesus." Amazingly, she seems to miss these verses, even when I point them out to her.

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

1 John 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what would happen if I told them that, if they don't like us praying to Jesus, that we should start praying to Satan instead. Doing that is more likely to have results instead of praying to Jesus or joke-hova. Of course, you will be disfellowshipped for Satanism if you do that.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I started saying Jesus name first the Jehovah and that seemed to drive my wife crazy, she eventually asked what was up. Also later when i quoted the scripture that says that Jehovah calls ones to Jesus, the look on her face was priceless. I think most JW's think God calls ones to himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit