Hey Dude - What You think about this?

by TJ Curioso 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TJ Curioso
  • Mum
    Mum

I'm trying to figure out what is pictured here. Are these 3 JW guys at a convention? I can't read the badges.

If I'm not mistaken, their thumb and pinky are making the "hang loose" sign which I have never seen anyone do outside of Hawaii. Are they in Hawaii? The kukui and shell (if that's what it is) on the guy on the right might indicate that they are.

They appear to me to be doing a native pose and enjoying having their picture taken. Is there more to it?

• poopieskoopie
    poopieskoopie

It is the gang sign for Witnesses. See the subtle W made with their fingers?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

From Wikipedia...

The shaka sign, commonly known as "hang loose", is a gesture often associated with Hawaii and surfer culture. It consists of extending the thumb and smallest finger while holding the three middle fingers curled, and raising the hand in salutation while presenting the back; the hand may be rotated back and forth for emphasis.

The shaka sign was popularized among locals in Hawaii through its use by surfers and in surf culture throughout the state in the 1960s; it remains a salutation of friendship used by the local culture at large.

In other words... this is a worldly hand gesture which is not sanctioned by the Watchtower Corporation.

• St George of England
    St George of England

"Keep on the Watch" District Convention - 2009

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit