Like A First Rate MLM scam — The Number One Consumer of Publications printed by the Printing Company *** YES YOU GUESSED IT***

by Narcissistic Supply 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Like A First Rate MLM scam — The Number One Consumer of Publications printed by the Printing Company *** YES YOU GUESSED IT***

The congregations themselves are the number one purchaser of the publications put out by the publishing company. That is the lifeblood of any multi level marketing scheme is to make money off of the downline or upline or anybody that believes the scam.

Jehovah’s witness puchase the bibles and printed NONSENSE and that is the lifeblood of this billion dollar corporation. If they stopped donating or buying this garbage the printing company would dry up in a matter of months.

The printing company recieves 9.6 billion of (NOT ONLY TAX FREE LABOR) but absolutely free labor each year based on a billion service hours. That’s an incredible raquet. Who couldn’t make a business succeed with nearly 10 billion of free labor per year.

No related posts.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Of course not! Think about how much 'literature' sits around in your home collecting dust, piling up each month. And then they encourage you to bring any magazines you haven't placed back to the kingdom hall for pioneers to use for bus stop witnessing etc, so you've paid for it, then bring it back. However, with the donation arrangement, how many people actually paid for their magazines etc? Not so many I believe, but there were always the odd random old ladies who would put $50 in the WWW box.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Julia Orwell the pub. may not be paying for the maz. but the congregations on average send anywhere from $400 to $800 or more every month to the Wt. for literature. At the low end with 110,000 congregation that comes to $44,000,000 a month. And that is just literature donations they get. What was their expenses for last year they will show? If it is under $44,000,000 One month of donations pretty much covers it and that's on the low end. Totally ADD

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

jw's don't have 800 million in real estate to launder every year. gotta have cash flow to keep the scam going.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

It's a racket. Unless they're playing tennis :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Free labor makes it all possible. What happened to a worker being worth his wages, or not muzzling a bull on the threshing floor?

• blondie
    blondie

The literature donations are mixed in with all the "worldwide" donations that include donations for the other operations of the WTS, My husband and several male relatives handled accounts for years after 1990 and the worldwide donations never matched the volume of literature that was shipped each month even at the old rates. No accountability, no donations. And we were in a fairly affluent area of the US let alone the thousands of congregations in developing congregations. Before the change in not paying for the pubs, many families could barely afford one copy of the study pubs for a family, let alone each individual. When I was in family with a non-jw father, we could not afford one subscription, my aunt gave us one each year for a gift, my siblings and I did not have a personal copy of the book study book, and siblings that did not qualify as an unbaptized publisher never had magazines to place of their own, borrowing from the people went door to door with and giving them the money.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

OP. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. My whole life I've been tryiing to understand where the money for assemblies, conventions, world wide expansion. Unless you are old now, you have no idea how small and dinky Bethel once was. If you met a single JW from outside your KH in the normal world, it could make you high for years. The conventions were what sustained me. Even in New York, the numbers were so low. No one paid attention to us at all - except wacko right wingers. Add NJ to the mix, and I was a nonexistent person. After a convention, I was a transformed person for a month or two, the more and more I learned of finance and business models, the more I tried to solve the puzzle. How can a bunch of clueless, barely educated, but very nice people of great character, build an empire? Well, it is an empire compared to when I was born. I had dinner with key Bethelites as a child. It always shocked me that the WT was ever printed at all.

sometimes I had trouble paying any attention to the prof b/c all my mind can focus on is how the WT gets its money. Even at the law firm, I would become distracted figuring out how the WT made its money. I always knew even as a child that "Follow the money" was the answer. There is one area of business I know nothing about any in any detail. MLM. No one from a decent college or certain socioeconomic zones would ever purchase or join a MLM. Why teach us a useless subject? Well, they should. MLMs are legal. It is very hard to explain to a smitten person why they are so bad. You summed up in such a pity, succint way what I wondered about for years.

Many people post h ere where the WT gets its money. They are wrong. You hit the nail on the head! Also, you did it in an entertaining way. I am so impressed with you. You may have just shed light on why a person who despised reading or hearing the most pressing business news would get high without drugs from sitting in financial classes. I understand myself much better now.

Now I understand. My brain is free to pursue other areas of fascination.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

The business model is pretty simple. Free labor. No Taxes. Launder real estate. Sell published crap to suckers. It's not rocket science.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit