2014 District Conventions to downsize 400 to 100 - "consolidating"

by Gayle 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/08/01/2500842/jehovahs-witnesses-convention.html

What they told me is the decision has been made nationally to downsize the number of conventions from 400 to 100. They're simply consolidating,"

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/08/01/2500842/jehovahs-witnesses-convention.html#storylink=cpy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If they do this, it is to fill each venue by giving less options. They severely increased 2013 DC's to the assembly halls. Expect more of that.

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/258873/1/No-more-district-assemblies-in-Tri-Cities-News-article

Already a dicussion on this article over here...

I'm suprised this non-JW knows and has proclaimed it to the paper before the Watchtower announced it to the rank in file, or even before it was leaked here. Of course, there have been rumors toward this effect last year.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Sounds to me this is an indication that donations are no longer flowing. Conventions were always a cash cow for the society. Evidently no more. Too bad.

This will place an additional burden for the witnesses. I suspect that only the diehards will attend at this point. Sort of like preaching to the choir, not sure what the value is in that.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

4 times less means attendance really down and shrinking and the donations are down and expect really bad news at 100 +1914 Christ is a No Show Convention. But at least they are on the watch how ever far that will take them.

They also might be doing a expected projection into the future as it is anticipated that Armegeddon is not going to happen before then and the repercussions this is going to have attendance as many begin loosing heart having herd the sky is falling too many times by a chicken little printing corporation called the WT.

• *lost*
    *lost*

They will become 'supa churches',

Just a few huge centres of worship, easy to run and maintain, and easy to fill up on staggered schedules.

eg, week 1 xx congo, wk 2 yy convo so on.

And the money coming in.

• Glander
    Glander

I believe they also dropped the 4 day lovefests to 3 or even two days?

Used to be five days filling 50k seat ballparks.

I am a veteran of a few 8 day megathons.

• blondie
    blondie

Won't the WTS still handle it the same way if it is in an Assembly Hall, building in an upfront $5000 plus "donation" to the WTS? I can see 2 day district conventions since so many are not going on Friday and the WTS has to "encourage" this every year.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Gander those 8 days were long. Early morning to late at night. Bad dates 1963 Pasadena Rose Bowl missed the first week of Sophmore year of school. Now at assembly halls an only 2 days.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

They are having these multiple International Conventions in 2014, I can see a need of not having alot of DC's because of this. Probably the same talks will be given at both.

The article did mention they are coming back in 2015.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit