2014 District Conventions to downsize 400 to 100 - "consolidating"

by Gayle 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
  • Scott77
    Scott77

Iam amazed at Watchtower's talk show industry. I think, 'consolidating' is a nice way to hide the their dwindling numbers.

Scott77

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't doubt that whatever they are doing is motivated by $$$, but they simply do not care about the individual JW's and their families, if this new arrangement means more travelling, expense and hardship for families, they do not care, as long as the WT bottom line is improved.

Heartless is too kind a word for the cold, distant GB, who are wafted to the D.C of their choice, often a nice foreign location, in luxury transport, and treated like Royalty whilst there.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Blondie:

Won't the WTS still handle it the same way if it is in an Assembly Hall, building in an upfront $5000 plus "donation" to the WTS?

If anything, despite lower attendace/fewer assemblies, in the long run WT may come out better financially by directing more activity into WT-owned Ass Halls. Overhead for secular facilities is high, and taking that out of the equation means more $$ for WT.

WT does nothing without first calculating what is most profitable. If they are reducing the number of conventions I have no doubt they've already figured out a way to make money off of it.

One advantage for WT of using an Ass. Hall is that publishers are simply handed a bill with a firm dollar figure and ordered to pay it. No such announcement is made at public-facility venues and attendees are not given a firm figure off which to base a donation.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

from the article:

"Multiple calls Thursday to the Jehovah's Witnesses were not returned."

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/08/01/2500842/jehovahs-witnesses-convention.html#storylink=cpy

Doesn't this newspaper know they shouldn't question "god's organization"? WT doesn't have to explain anything. The newspaper should just shut up, "obey" and not question 'the Slave'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit