I rest my case

by Glander 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

Get called on in the Watchtower study and (with Blondies notes in hand) refute the GB drivel. You will not get called on again at best. At worst, you'll be hustled out of the KH.

• stillin
    stillin

Blondie is one cerebral woman. She is thinking "outside the box" when she writes her "Comments."

As things are for now, I attend most meetings and I only wish she would prepare her lesson a little earlier in the week so I could go with her refreshing insights already dancing around in my head.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You could start your comment out like this, "Wicked apostates would say xxxxxx, but we know that's not true. The truth is, the brothers xxxxx." That way you'd get to say what you really want, and inject critical thinking, but still not technically say something wrong in their view.

You'd have to switch it up too, "Why just the other day in the field ministry, I had a guy at the door say xxxxx, but...."

• Farkel
    Farkel

stillin,

: Blondie is one cerebral woman. She is thinking "outside the box" when she writes her "Comments."

:As things are for now, I attend most meetings and I only wish she would prepare her lesson a little earlier in the week so I could go with her refreshing insights already dancing around in my head.

Blondie is NOT thinking "outside of the box" in her WT summaries except when it comes to the "box" dubs inhabit. There only "box" is that they have lost the ability to actually think and reason on their own. That is no slight to her and her great observations. Thinking 'outside the box" is a term that needles me. The more appropriate term is "lateral thinking" and it involves looking at and solving old problems in ways never imagined before by most people, including "experts" on the subject.

You really don't need Blondie as a crutch for your silly WT indoctrination sessions. The bullshit is right in front of you in your little books and magazines, and it is SCREAMING "THIS IS TOTAL MADE-UP BULLSHIT" at you in every paragraph. Don't depend upon someone else to help you reclaim your braincells sacrificed on the WTS altar of bullshit. Just look at every sentence as ask yourself "where is the bullshit in this one?" You will find it.

Blondie will merely reinforce what you should discover on your own, and she provides great laughs, wit and fun to boot!

Happy hunting!

Farkel

• stillin
    stillin

Farkel: yah. Lateral thinking, that sounds more like what I meant. In any case, it's a hoot living in a parallel universe.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was still attending Meetings, but was "awake", I used to inject all sorts of stuff in to my comments, I answered once including details about the UN membership, but presented it in the way Rebel8 suggests above.

I don't think it went in though with any of those present.

One time really made me laugh inside, I commented on the Weekly Bible reading, making sense of it when the WT had not, and the Bro taking the item said "Bro Phizzy's comment illustrates the value of being here at the Meeting, we would not have got that understanding had we not been here".

So true, I had gleaned my understanding from an "Apostate" source. LOL.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Good to see Farkel is "out of HIS box again".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit