Finding Life Beyond Our Earth

by frankiespeakin 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
  • still thinking
    still thinking

marking thanks frankie

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

God created the heavens just so we'd have something to look at at night. At least that's what a Pentacostal friend told me. She thinks God created the whole ball of wax in seven 24-hour days. He just willed it into existence.

What do the Jehovah's Witnesses believe? Are we the only human beings, or did God create other worlds with humans on them?

• prologos
    prologos

since WT is stuck with thinking in fundamental terms with ideas that desert nomadic tribes dreamt up 3000 years ago,

they have no clue about any of this,

but their faith is based on the talking snake on earth.

are there talking snakes anywhere else? doubtful

The speed of light guarantees that we are well insulated form Life beyond Earth.

remember the ships over the horizon spelled disaster for local earth dwellers.

so SETI , leave us in peace.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Absolutely fascinating video. Well worth taking the time to watch it. Thanks for sharing.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Cold Steel: " What do the Jehovah's Witnesses believe? Are we the only human beings, or did God create other worlds with humans on them? "

It's been a long time since I was a dub, but I think they believe that we (human beings, and especially dubs) are the pinnacle of all creation anywhere, and that no other life exists anywhere else in the universe.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm betting that every religion has some explanation all ready prepared for if life is found so they don't have a deer-in-headlights "erm" moment when asked what it means to their interpretation of the bible and explanation of god.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I watched this last night frankie...really enjoyed it. Thanks

• prologos
    prologos

One reason they , WT adherents , believe in the "unique earth with humans" concept, is that

SATAN in confined to this Earth, just one planet in trillions,

THE IMPORTANT question of UNIVERSAL souvereignety settled HERE. and only HERE.

of course , the original serpent

talked in eden 1. so.---

• jw07
    jw07

If there is irrefutable evidence of other intelligent life discovered, the Watchtower's explanation could probably be summarized as: "Satan is trying to distract God's servants from the issue of universal sovereignty by making it APPEAR that there is life elsewhere." Or perhaps they will even spin it as 'Satan creating life elsewhere'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit