Another misleading Watchtower quote and lie!!!

by sosoconfused 22 Replies latest social current

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

This is funny I mean really. The article is stating what Jehovahs witnesses believe... not what the paper thinks of them.

My wife found this one... this is her first catch that she found herself and she is tickled pink LOL

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20130701/religion-and-morals/

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/849511/Jehovahs-Witnesses-a-list-of-basic-beliefs.html?pg=all

Watchtower July 2013 says: "

HOW DO JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES MEASURE UP?

Jehovah’s Witnesses “promote strong family ties and develop productive and honest citizens,” states The Deseret News of Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. The newspaper added: “Members believe in a strong moral code. They believe smoking, overdrinking, drug misuse, gambling, sexual promiscuity and homosexuality are spiritually damaging practices.”

The paper actually says, "B eliefs are based on the principles found in the Holy Bible, leaders say, and they view first-century Christianity as their model. They believe living Bible principles give purpose to life, promote strong family ties and develop productive and honest citizens.

Here's a capsule look at some other key Jehovah's Witnesses doctrines and beliefs:

• Members believe in a strong moral code. They believe smoking, overdrinking, drug misuse, gambling, sexual promiscuity and homosexuality are spiritually damaging practices. They teach honesty and good work habits. Members can be disfellowshipped for serious un-Christian conduct — such as theft, drunkenness and adultery — but these people are not shunned and can continue to attend church meetings.
  • Comatose
    Comatose

Oh lord. Not shunned. Ha.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Yes that was very funny. I am wondering why the borg members can see these things yet never ask, "Why are they lying"

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

WOW! So the leaders promote the organization to a media outlet and then suggest that the media outlet promoted the sect.

GREAT CATCH!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I am wondering why the borg members can see these things yet never ask, "Why are they lying"

---

Because lies by the WT are just "theocratic warfare". They are not really lies.

The end always justifies the means.

The answer is too disturbing...that's why JWs never ask the question.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

my wife said,"when I was in college every quote in anything I read was always verified for accuracy. Yet somehow when dealing with issues that concerned my life I never saw the need to do the same. It is kinda sad"

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They never stop to think, "Why are they lying' because their lies are hard to spot, and JWS are discouraged from checking the WT's sources.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's a pretty bad misquote. In the original it says that Jehovah's Witnesses believe that living Bible principles promotes strong families and good citizens, but the way they have quoted it makes it look like it is offering the opinion that Jehovah's Witnesses themselves promote strong families and good citizens. They have completely changed the sense of the words they are lifting.

How do they think they can get away with that?

• steve2
    steve2

It's irresistably easy to do...that is, if you lack shame. Here's how you could do it, following the Watchtower's example. Place a notice in a national paper in the Personal column praising your self-perceived strengths and attributes. Quote selected parts of your personal notice as if they're quotes by the newspaper and use those quotes in an article you would subsequently write about yourself.

• flipper
    flipper

SOSOCONFUSED- Good catch by your wife. " These people are not shunned " ? Oh please. Consider the gepgraphic location of this newpaper though and therein you will get your reason there is misinformation on the shunning, DFing, expelling bit. This is a Salt Lake city, Utah news release correct ? So Mormons are BIG on excommunicating their Mormon members who disagree or fall out with the church- it's no small stretch that they would view what Jehovah's Witnsses do regarding shunning as a favorable, acceptable thing as the Mormons do it all the time. So that's my 2 cents. Consider the source. Peace out, mr. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit