Putting the "bug" in someone's ear?

by razorMind 1 Replies latest jw friends

• razorMind
    razorMind

I don't post here much, but I hope this makes some sense...

My aunt (my mom's sister) was born & raised a JW, though Grandma's always been one of the more "lax" JWs. (More tolerant, MUCH less fanatical than are my mom and dad). Though the "JW way" was very anti-college then, she took advantage of further education, got a great-paying job, and is now quite wealthy.

She is married to an "asshole" type JW--who likes to spy and get others in trouble, gets joy out of shunning DF's...THAT type. Their marriage is UTTER MISERY. Her husband has defrauded her of money on more than one occasion (TENS of thousands of dollars, forged signatures, that type of thing). They truly loathe each other; no love nor emotion presently in the marriage at all.

She had stopped going to the KH for a long time--even missing the Memorials. She celebrates the holidays with her daughter, on the sneak tip. Now she is trying to start going back, because she is so unhappy.

I am dying to tell her that she is wasting her time. My favorite aunt was always the one who'd present a more tolerant listening-ear, a happy fun-loving side when our JW-kid lives got too hellious. She is extremely smart, funny, witty and a joy to be around. Now everytime we visit, it's like listening to a public talk; not to mention being stuck in the middle of barely-concealed hostility between her and her husband.

I don't know how to broach the subject. I might give her a heart attack if I am too blunt...though as smart as she is, she's got to have some idea of the REAL truth behind "the troof".

• anewperson
    anewperson

You said the guy she's married to likes to spy and is creepy which is no surprise.

As to how to jar her into thought etc without being confrontational just mail her and some others, even yourself, one of the following, then tell her "Look what I got! Did you get one too?"

These have gone to thousands of people. They have liberated many:

SHOCKING FACTS TOLD OUT OF LOVE TO THE CONGREGATION & PUBLIC: The Watchtower Society (WTS) over Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) covers up child molestation and let pedophiles go door-to-door as proved at http://www.silentlambs.org. They say God opposes the UN but, until exposed, in 1991-2001 were a formal UN associate not just to use the UN's library as proved if you read the Nov 22, 1998 Awake magazine and 2nd entry at http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm. 1 Cor 6:1 only says judge "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6) followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer, meaning a Minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them. In contrast the WTS has formal Judicial Committes destroying families via numerous formal renderings of disfellowshipment (severe shunning).

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Sam 14:32-5 says Saul's army
    ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving
    them. Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy Not Sacrifice. (Mt 12) The May 22, 1994 Awake
    tells of 26 JW kids who died without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives http://www.ajwrb.org. About 3 JWs die daily earthwide from the
    unscriptural policy! (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) Why must
    anyone be endangered? JWs can form nonWTS groups united by LOVE, join
    another group or decrease donations & support to the WTS. Please make
    and use copies of this for years ahead. It was written out of love for our JW families and friends as well as the public's - yours too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit