I just spoke with Calgary Dad

by Kismet 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

Hi folks:

I know many threads have been started on this issue but I ask your indulgence for one more. There are a few important tidbits necessary to highlight.

1. Please remember that should you be aware of the family name or name of the father, DO NOT POST IT online. This is a legal issue that could easily sink the Father's efforts. The Court has ordered that the names be kept private while the child is under protective Services of the Province.

2. Please do not become discouraged or annoyed at the over exuberance of some well intentioned posters regarding this issue. Nobody likes to get hit five times in one day with requests for money especially for the same cause regardless of the merits of the cause. At the same time, please let's not flood the boards with repeated requests. Note this is per the father, not just my opinion. He is embarrassed that he actually has to ask for financial help.

3. He asks that his company name not be published and as a bare minimum only the notary's first name be publicized online. His company does not want their name to become synonomous with the JW's.

4. Please be extremely judicious if and when you call his attorney. The father has to pay for every phone call the lawyer takes, so if we all call and 'talk about the weather in Calgary today' (wild example) it only raises the cost of the legal bill.

5. The father is in the midst of arranging to have someone post regular updates at the various JW boards, so that all are kept up to date. This frees his time to concentrate on his daughter, making a living, and fighting the Society. If you are not that person assigned (probably Randy, Lee Elder, Hawkaw or the like) please do not re-post this information over and over again. It wastes space and again can simply annoy other participants.

6. If someone(s) has some free time and wants to assist in a small research project to help this father, please contact me at [email protected]

The father asked that I pass on his thanks to all for your good wishes and help. He has been overwhelmed at how much coverage and interest this case has received. He has certainly had his eyes opened to the Corporate side of the Tower, and the reality of how 'Christian' non JW's actually are versus that which the Society espouses about 'worldly people'.

It does look like the Society will appeal but the father has some other legal counter-options available. So despite the favourable judgment the other day (33 page written reasons yet to be received) it isn't over yet.

Kismet

This message has been sponsored by the Legal Defence Society of XJW's. Now back to your regular postings.... :) (just for the record ..this is a joke..there is no such thing as LDS of XJW's...yet)

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"Legal Defence Society of XJW's" LOL!

*clearing throat*

Thank you for posting this, Kismet. Very good advice.

j2bf

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((kizzy)))))))))

LDS of XJW's...FOTFLMAO...

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Kismet, do you think it would be a good idea to put the correct address and procedure for donations in the Blood section, so it will be easier to people to find?

• metatron
    metatron

I know this is a Canadian issue but could the ACLU
    or the Rutherford Institute help this father? There
    are a few idealistic legal groups that might be willing to
    help.

metatron

• JT
    JT

Big K

thanks

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Kismet for making some things clearer ... it's a bit awkward sometimes knowing exactly what to do and what not to do so I appreciate your efforts and this clarification.

Apologies to all for an turmoil recently - I've had to delete some topics / posts that revealed some information that should not have been: ***many thanks*** to those who have email or phoned to alert us about this (sorry I wasn't in BTW)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thanks Kismet
    Orangefatcat

• Prisca
    Prisca

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit