Counterpoints needed

by goddidit 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goddidit
    goddidit

I'm looking for some brief counterpoints to some or all of the following claims made by a JW. This will be very helpful. Something brief with links would be best. For example, regarding the 'are no part of the world', some references to their dealings with 'the disgusting thing' that I've heard about (U.N. I think). Thank you all.

Jehovah's Witnesses:

- base their teachings on the Bible

- worship only Jehovah and make his name known

- show genuine love for one another

- accept Jesus as God's means of salvation

- are no part of the world

- preach God's Kingdom as man's only hope

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just on the first point, "Base their teachings on the Bible", this is typical double-speak from the WT.

To any normal person hearing those words it would mean that their teachings are derived by a genuine effort to understand what the Bible really teaches.

This is simply not so, the WT has its own Theology/Teachings and then finds the odd verse or bit of a verse that seems to support them. Eisegesis, reading what you wish to see in to a scripture, is all they do.

So, "based on the Bible" ? only as much as when scriptures were found to justify slavery, apartheid, and mysogyny etc

Scripture Twisting at its worst.

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jehovah's Witnesses:

- base their teachings on the Bible

‘Base’ being the weasel word. You can base something on something else. It doesn’t mean it is actually from that thing. If you catch my drift.

- worship only Jehovah and make his name known

Yes. They promote their own invention, their own 'branded' product, like all corporations. Investigate the history of the name 'Jehovah' and it'll reveal something totally different to the WBT$ doctrine.

- show genuine love for one another

‘Genuine’ is the weasel word. They really mean ‘conditional’ love. If it’s really genuine then how do they show it in watchtower® ruling? By shunning those that simply disagree with the leaders? By hiding and protecting paedophiles?

- accept Jesus as God's means of salvation

Just exactly what do they mean by this? How does one ‘accept’ Jesus in a JW framework?

If the WBT$ meant this as it sounds, it’d be a totally different religion. It sounds like they’re just saying this to make themselves more popular to Christians of other faiths. Substitute Jesus for the Governing Body and you’re there. There are paragraphs and paragraphs about this ever changing doctrine in the WBT$.

- are no part of the world

'Appeal to fear'. In other words they are in a mental cult compound. Yet another scripture lifted out of context to enforce cult control.

- preach God's Kingdom as man's only hope

That doesn’t mean it’s a real hope. Delusion is often more comfortable and easy to live with than reality. Again, it’s the ‘brand’ of the corporation and different to what the bible actually promotes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit