Invitations to the DC

by sooner7nc 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

One of the guys who works with me called me at work today (His day off) and said that a JW had just come to his door. The guy was by himself and said that he was new to the area and offered a tract of some sort and an invitation to the DC coming up in a couple of weeks in Fort Worth. I don't remember ever giving out invites to the DC. Memorial of course but not the DC.

The guy being by himself was the kicker.

It actually struck me as so strange that I told my buddy to keep his eyes open and even call the cops if he thought it warranted it. I'll try to post a pic of the invite tomorrow.

• Shador
    Shador

Yea, invites to the conventions has been a pretty regular thing for several years now.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah they started doing that. We were giving out invites to a convention that was three hours away. I'm sure nobody who received an invite showed up.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Wow. Thanks everyone.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yep. I have been out for almost 2 years and I would regularly give out DC invites. The brothers and some sisters would regularly give them out one person per door to cover more territory faster. I liked doing it by myself so I could ghost ring the door and just leave it there and run. Also, so no one would hear my lame 5 second presentation.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I always thought how dumb it was. They won't take ten minutes to read magazine but the are going to drive a coup,e hours and spend days at different religions weird convention? Now that I think about it, why do they even do that? Makes no sense!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I'm surprised they talked to him, most JWs are giving out the DC invites in the same manner as the memorial invite. Stick it in the door, ring the bell and leave.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They even call on me with a DC invite, even though I am down as a DNC.

I reckon they have been told this work is very important, I suppose the GB are aware that DC attendance is down most days, and one or two members of the public will boost numbers a bit, and maybe they catch a new sucker.

A HUGE waste of time and paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit