How religions change their mind By William Kremer BBC World Service

by free @ last 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free @ last
    free @ last

Interesting article. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22250412

I don't know why we sometimes have trouble expecting there will be 'nu lite', apparently all religions have been getting it since the start of time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting they don't mention JWs, because who changes their mind more often than JWs? I guess they just don't take JWs seriously enough to include them. Even Mormons with their completely fictional history of the Americas and their magic underpants are taken more seriously than JWs.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT should print the following disclaimer in all it publications:

“Disclaimer: All information published herein is gathered from sources which are thought to be reliable including insight believed to come from Holy Spirit. Our readers should not assume that the information is absolute or final. The WTBTS does not assume responsibility for errors; and all information is subject to change without notice. Therefore, any issues that you may have with any future updates, new light or clarifications should be taken up with Jehovah God himself.”

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Even Mormons with their completely fictional history of the Americas and their magic underpants are taken more seriously than JWs.

That's because other religious scholars take us seriously. We also have some fine people working in a number of fields who have put forth many credible theories and have defended our views. The Jehovah's Witnesses discourage higher education where the Mormons encourage it. We're actually making a great deal of progress defending our "completely fictional history" of the Americas. We also have some excellent professors of ancient scripture and history that have been recognized by scholars in other religions. Jesuit scholar George McRae and Methodist scholar Margaret Barker are just two.

• barry
    barry

Galileo Said the bible tells us how to go to heaven not how the heavens go. I like that and I heard it some where else

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

History shows that any religion that refuses to change dies out

-------------------

Yup, they know what they're doing.

They all do.

• free @ last
    free @ last

It would be worst if they didn't change, don't you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit