JW's and prevalence of civilian service

by Haereticus 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Every now and then I have seen rare mentions of countries where dubs do attend a civilian service as per Watchtower 1996 May 1. I have been asked to compile a list of those countries, the reason being that right now Finland is revaluating its old JW exemption law.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do you mean military service?

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

"19 What, though, if the State requires a Christian for a period of time to perform civilian service that is a part of national service under a civilian administration? Here again, Christians must make their own decision based on an informed conscience. “We shall all stand before the judgment seat of God.” (Romans 14:10) Christians faced with a requirement of Caesar should prayerfully study the matter and meditate on it. It may also be wise to talk the matter over with mature Christians in the congregation. After this a personal decision must be made.—Proverbs 2:1-5; Philippians 4:5." (Watchtower 1996 May 1 page 20)

The underlined is what I am after.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oh, it is a domestic Peace Corps. It is NOT military service. Their nonanswer means it is permissible if you are educated or an elder. Others must go to prison.

The WT is wacky. Every person who contributes to the economy in war time helps the military. It all part of an income flow to war purposes.

Also, there was once a discussion that the WT held munitions manufacturer bonds or equity shares.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit