what do Jehovah's witness believe in relation to alien races

by quinn777 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Back to the subject at hand.... Take me to your leader!!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    those are arrangments not laws

What is a law if it isn't an arrangement?

The point is moot, surely.

if the sea broke the law there would be tsunamis everyday

The sea has no awareness to break a law. Thus the analogy cannot work.

all laws were given for a benifit but not necessarily our benifit,

The term 'given' implies intelligent design. This may or may not be the case. I see no evidence for intelligent design anymore. As I say that's just my opinion given the lack of evidence.

and just because you dont believe something dosnt mean its not true,

Agreed. Conversely, just because you believe something doesn't make it true.

just as just because you can,t see something dosnt mean its not there

I refer to the celestial teapot!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The "Goldilocks" theory means life else where is not impossible but sadly we may not get to meet them as they are too far away.

JWs would have a hard time explaining the ransom if it was discovered humans did exist somewhere far far away, especially if they too got sick and eventually died of old age.

Who knows which "Gods" they may have invented to explain their existence or maybe if they were considerably older than us they might all be atheists.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A few years back, I read about an interesting little university research project (damned if I can find it now, though) that was originally attempting to gauge the degree of belief in "unusual phenomena" among the general American public.

As one might expect (since the US has a pretty high internal population of the religiously-inclined), belief in the existence of demons, angels, ghosts, possessions, hauntings, exorcisms, etc. was fairly high. In addition, cryptozoological phenomena like Bigfoot, Ogopogo, and the Loch Ness Monster, and even pseudo-mythical locations such as Atlantis and Shangri-La were often viewed as possible among that particular swath of individuals.

What surprised the researchers, however, was the discovery that a large majority of those who were otherwise willing to accept the existence of strange or otherwise supernatural phenomena did NOT accept the possibility of intelligent extraterrestrial life.

The researchers (a fairly secular and intellectual bunch) scratched their heads at first.

Then they dug a little deeper, and discovered that virtually all the subjects who accepted the existence of the paranormal yet dismissed the possibility of aliens belonged to some strand of American fundamentalist Christianity

Wondering why, the research team examined the belief systems of these individuals and concluded that a Biblical literalist / Christian fundamentalist worldview is structured in such a way that (no matter which denomination it’s inherent to) it - indirectly - simply doesn’t allow for the possibility of ETs.

I wasn’t surprised by this.

Back when I was a semi-active JW teenager in the 80s, I nevertheless loved Star Trek, Star Wars, etc., and actually gave some thought to the possibility of the existence of aliens. It wasn’t long before I grasped intuitively that if they were real and made public "first contact" (friendly or otherwise), the WTS would NOT handle it well…

This was confirmed to me in the 90s, when they published an Awake! article that covered the subject.

None of the material portrayed the UFO phenomenon, ETs, or alleged contact in a positive light (and, in fact, implied that it may be demonic manifestations), and stringently "counseled" against being too interested in that sort of thing, instead reminding the R&F to study WT literature, pray, regularly attend meetings, associate with other JWs, and, of course, go door-to-door.

So basically, as far as the Watchtower is concerned (although they've never stated it explicitly), there’s no such thing as little green men.

• quinn777
    quinn777

as i said before if there are ETs out there Jehovah created those too, but just to throw it out there google the word yahyel and let me know what you think of the possibitlity of it being true, this is the last post i,m allowed today so i cant reply but have a look at it and tell me what you think, another one is ATA, found in the atacama desert in chile, have a look, express your view, thanks.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

quinn777, welcome to the forum.

I'm a little perplexed at your question about what JWs believe. Have you ever been a JW? What is your background with JWs?

My belief about life in the universe is that it's very likely there is another hospitable planet that exists in orbit around a star that provides optimum conditions for life to develop. As to how developed that life may be, I'm humble enough to admit that I simply don't know.

As far as the Earth being visited by alien races, I'm pretty skeptical about that particular topic. There doesn't appear to be much credible evidence that points to that being a likely scenario.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

quinn777:

ah yes but those are arrangments not laws, if the sea broke the law there would be tsunamis everyday, if gravity broke the law we,d all have to nail our houses to the ground, if the sun broke the law , well you get the point

That's just stupid. You're asserting as 'constant' the physical 'laws' as perceived by humans during a relatively brief period of time, and then asserting that without such 'laws', that inanimate processes might otherwise 'decide' to do 'something else'.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

i know Jehovah created all life through his son Jesus

Jehovah is the first and the last so he has been here before us and has seen this time as he has seen a million years from now

Jehovah cannot lie, all scripture is inspired by Jehovah, scripture tell us all things were made through the son hence my belief.

You sound like you are completely programmed to still believe all the crap the WTBTS tells you to believe. Putting aside all the programming you have, can you think for yourself? Can you use some logic and critical thinking? Can you put down your book written 3500+ years ago and be open to more realistic possibilities?

You came to this "apostate" site for some reason. Stay for a while. Look around, search and use your critical thinking skills that the JW’s what you to suppress. Many people here still have faith in god, but most who do, don't have faith in the god of the Watchtower.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

As for the aliens, of course they don't believe in them. When I was "IN" they were likened to "expressions of demons."

For me, I will believe in aliens and god/gods when I find direct evidence of their existence... call me crazy.

• quinn777
    quinn777

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i dont think we even know what we,re expecting, or are prepared for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit