So what exactly is GB 2.0 ?

by EdenOne 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I've seen it mentioned by several people here, this expression "GB 2.0", but somehow I'm not entirely sure what is meant with it.

I tend to read it as Governing Body version 2, as in "post-Milton Henschel Governing Body", that is, when the Governing Body became separated from the Board of Directors from the Watchtower Society, or when the WTS no longer had a member of the GB as its president, i.e. the end of the "president's era" in the WTS.

Is that your understanding also?

But in that case, with the death of Russel and the takeover from Rutherford, wouldn't that be also a Watchtower 2.0 of sorts ?

Eden

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

New FDS teaching?

more powerful

more smartyier

more holyier

more cultier leaderier

WE SHALL LEAD YOU TO SALVATION!!!

FOLLOW US!

just a guess

• sir82
    sir82

I've understood it to mean the GB, after the death of the last of the old-timers who were on the GB in the 1970's / Knorr / Franz era.

I.e., GB 2.0 started when Barr & Jaracz died 2 or 3 years ago.

But that's just my opinion - there does not seem to be a Cental Apostate Governing Body to make an official determination.

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe that all of the current members were born after 1935, the cutoff date for the calling of the anointed at one time.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

According to the "organized to be apostates" book page 0, its the generation of overlapping gb members that were appointed during the time that still some "original gb members were still serving. Original members could be Carey Barber, john barr. Overlapping members: tony the turd, sam herd, gerrit losch, david splane.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I don't have an OA book. Do I have to purchase it or will a free willed donation be acceptable?

• zound
    zound

Shh! Don't mention the AO book, that's for Apostate Elders only!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit