Anyone in Houston, TX area....

by kurtbethel 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Here's the deal. I have a lengthy 10 hour layover in Houston (IAH) on Friday the 26th. It is during the day, so I would like to find something to do and do some exploring between about 7 am and 1 pm. I am up for anything legal and respectable during that time. I get along well with anyone of almost any age. If there are no takers, I will likely go find some geocaches nearby and look for some local eatery, but it would be fun to have some company. I just wanted to throw this out there since I will be in the area. I have met only one person from this forum, and that would be the lovely LouBelle, who would vouch that I am a living flesh and blood real person (as I would vouch for her).

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I used to live in Houston. Go to the Galleria in Houston. Google it up. Have fun!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Kurt is a great real guy. Fun and adventurous. I met him when he came for a holiday in South Africa. We travelled around together and I'm still around to tell the tale.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I messaged an ex-jw Facebook friend in Houston. I'll let you know if/when I hear back from him.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

PM me kurtbethel, I am in H-town.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

PM sent.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Now it was a day later and I am delighted with how that was an excellent stopover. I got to see a sample of the birds and wildlife in Houston, and an exhibit of some of the fine art there. Instead of the airport terminal, I got to view Egyptian stone carvings that predated Moses, 13th century Persian metalwok, texties and ceramics, and also had an athentic Texas BBQ sandwich. Much gratitiude to neverscreamagain for taking his time to show me around, thanks again.

• Iamallcool
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I remember eating BBQ Sandwich in Sugarland Area. I forgot the restaurant's name. It was so good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit