So if Russell was the "greater" John the Baptist paving the way for the GB...

by goatshapeddemon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

... What does that make the "Governing Body"????????

Wait for it......

Yes, the Greater Jesus. They stopped short of saying that in the July 15 WT (all they said was that Russell was the greater John the Baptist), but what other conclusion is there, especially since now they're going to rule WITH Jesus over the Messianic Kingdom.

Talk about a messiah complex.

• scary21
    scary21

YES Goat, I just started a post on this a few days ago. Something like " Come to the NEW Jesus to be saved "

I spotted that in the new WT and was thinking on the same line as you. They stopped short of calling the GB Jesus, but if you read between the lines.......I think they said something about the ORG and we know the ORG and the GB are the same.

They are getting SO BOLD ! This is brazen conduct for sure ! They are an awfully bossy slave if you ask me.....lol

Sherry

• sd-7
    sd-7
    the Greater Jesus

Hmm. I hadn't thought of this angle. I would assume the JW defense would be that Russell was like John the Baptizer in that he heralded JESUS' presence (Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence wasn't meant to be about the Governing Body), not that of the faithful slave. That said, while I do think your implications are correct at least in a sense (since the 'anointed' are really saying they're 'christs', since that's what 'anointed' means, after all), I think this probably wasn't what the Governing Body was trying to say, at least not overtly.

--sd-7

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

May be they will change the closing prayer to

" in the name of the governing body, amen"

They already claim to be the "sole channel"

which is the Mediator, they already usurped Jesus

as the only Mediator, they are therefore already

standing in the Holy Place. And they are

worshipped by millions.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Russell must be turning in his grave at this 'new light'. He would probably disown the Watchtower organisation if he were alive today.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Village girl, you got a giggle out of my husband for that comment.

Scary - yes, very brazen indeed.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Jesus is really Michael, the archangel, who also works for the Governing Body?

• Eustace
    Eustace

Russell must be turning in his grave at this 'new light'. He would probably disown the Watchtower organisation if he were alive today.

I'm certain he would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit