This weeks WT study

by turtleturtle 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What is it with happified? An old bro in my old cong used to use it all the time in his talks and I'd snicker to myself at how much he sounded like a dope. I thought it was just something he'd come up with while dementia was creeping round the edges of his brain. Seeing it here on this board - is it commonly used in the congregations you others have been to? Is it regional?

Sorry for going off-topic. The spiritual heritage wt left me with one big, fat comment in my mind "How can we appreciate our spiritual heritage if we're not allowed to research it? If our spiritual heritage is so great, why can't you access WTs from before 1950, or the ground-breaking works of JFR through official channels? Smells like 'cult' to me."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's laughable. The WBT$ tells you what to believe (with menaces), then changes their mind.

The WBT$ are the authors of 'false doctrine(TM)' then DF you if you believe it after it's changed.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Cuz you haven't mastered doublethink, or 'reality control'. George Orwell hit the nail right on the head, unbellyfeeling oldthinker!

• JWOP
    JWOP

The Bible says that all who believe in Jesus Christ will be saved. It says nothing about which teachings to believe in!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I would say that my "heritage" is composed of incontrovertible facts about my ancestors and well-documented historical events.

The JW "heritage" seems fluid and easily changed. There used to be a great deal of emphasis placed on CT Russell, in particular, as the one who "found the truth," or "was led to the truth by holy spirit." Yet, now, very little remains of his legacy (teachings), and he's been cut out of the family photos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit